What is important?

Posted by Charleigh , 07 March 2010 · 79 views

I'm in the midst of trying to decide what is important, or maybe which is more important really. Can I make it enough to simply put my feelings out there even if he doesn't see my words or do I really need him to know how much he hurt me? At the moment I'm saying he needs to know but why. Why do I so badly need him to know? Is it more that I hope he will be hurt or do I really need him to see my words, to feel my pain. What happens if he isn't hurt. How much more will that hurt me? Somehow I really need to make it enough to put my feelings out there and spare us both.

Apr 24 2010 06:22 AM
This is my own opinion:
You want him to see your words so that he can acknowledge how much damage he's done and to feel your pain. Hoping that, somehow, this will make things better for both of you. From him you want it to stop and never happen again then to have him make a sincere apology. From you to take the apology and forgive then move on. Am I right?

This is my place to reflect and say what I want. It may be triggering. If you don't want to know what I have to say I suggest you don't read what I write here.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.