Broken hearts can't hold secrets

Photo

Learning from the Prickers...part 2

Posted by Charleigh , 15 October 2013 · 71 views

What a great band with great lyrics that really have been making me think.

"I know I know that good friends come and go..." -The Prickers, I Know I Know

Oh do I ever know how good friends come and go. It's sad to think that very few friendships last a lifetime. I'm currently struggling with the possibility of letting someone go for it s...

Photo

Learning from The Prickers...

Posted by Charleigh , 13 October 2013 · 86 views

"Why can't we. Find the brighter days...far away from the darkest places." -the prickers, kurtain kall

I think in all things that I do I'm trying to find the brighter days, away from these dark places. Isn't that the goal, after all? Isn't that what I'm trying to achieve through therapy and reaching out here. To find the brig...

Photo

I can fly into the future if I leave my past behind

Posted by Charleigh , 17 June 2011 · 72 views

I'm often making mistakes, forgetting to pay bills, doing things I really shouldn't. I can think back through my life and pick out all of the mistakes and I beat myself up as if the original punishment for my actions wasn't enough. I find myself stuck in those past mistakes unable to step in the future with growth and change. I'm too focus...

Photo

Six Feet Under Quote

Posted by Charleigh , 21 June 2010 · 88 views

Nathanial Fisher: You hold on to your pain like it means something, like it's worth something. Well let me tell you, it aint worth shit. Infinite possibilities and all [you] can do is whine.

David: Well, what am I supposed to do?

Nathanial: What do you think? You can do anything you lucky bastard, you're alive. What's a little pain compared...

Photo

Relaxation Information

Posted by Charleigh , 05 May 2010 · 61 views

What is personal progressive relaxation?
Learning to relax:
You may have grown to accept a certain high level of stress and anxiety as "normal." You may be unfamiliar with what it feels like to be relaxed, calm and unstressed. With progressive relaxation you learn what it feels like to be relaxed, you learn to increase relaxation to a new level. B...

Photo

A small bit of my anger

Posted by Charleigh , 02 May 2010 · 30 views

"Hidden anger can kill me. I must recognize it and address it"

"Buried that collection of hurts turned into anger and seeped out sideways. Sometimes the seeping turns into a flood."

In the past months I have suffered a lot of hurt, in particularly having a close friend end our friendship and placing the blame on me. Afraid to feel the hu...

Photo

Inspiring Quotes

Posted by Charleigh , 26 March 2010 · 35 views

When you are angry, count to four; when you are really angry, swear. -Mark Twain

Always write angry letters to your enemies. Never mail them. -James Fallows

The world needs anger. The world often continues to allow evil because it isn't angry enough. -Ambrose Bierce

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until you put her in ho...

Photo

Guilt

Posted by Charleigh , 07 March 2010 · 43 views

"Guilt always hurries towards its complement, punishment: only there does its satisfaction lie." Lawrence Durrell

Guilt seems to be a prominent feature in my life as of late and of course following guilt is punishment. My guilt primarily lies in my beliefs that I could have done something to stop the abuse and that I should have been a better per...

Photo

What is important?

Posted by Charleigh , 07 March 2010 · 39 views

I'm in the midst of trying to decide what is important, or maybe which is more important really. Can I make it enough to simply put my feelings out there even if he doesn't see my words or do I really need him to know how much he hurt me? At the moment I'm saying he needs to know but why. Why do I so badly need him to know? Is it more that I h...

Photo

Sorting out my thoughts

Posted by Charleigh , 03 March 2010 · 28 views

Lately I have very much wanted to talk to someone who, since July, has been my biggest source of severe emotional pain. After about a year of having an intense non-romantic relationship he told me that he no longer wanted me to be a part of his life. To further my hurt his reasons for this decision placed the blame completely on me and my mistakes and fai...

Warning

This is my place to reflect and say what I want. It may be triggering. If you don't want to know what I have to say I suggest you don't read what I write here.

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.