heaeliper's Blog

Photo

The Ex and His Test(could T for general drama)

Posted by heaeliper , 28 February 2013 · 60 views

My ex husband and I were married for 13 years when on the day of my Grad School Graduation (which he skipped) I walked in on him and another woman in the most compromising of positions. I had quit smoking four years earlier. That ended that day. I decided smoking was better than running them over with my car.

Anyway, the state I live in requires a coup...

Photo

A leg up or a inability to accept help?

Posted by heaeliper , 27 February 2013 · 40 views

So I am about two years out of a divorce. I was married for over 13 years and I have worked hard on owning my faults in it. (I am not a woman who believes any relationship is all one person's fault) Even if just sticking around is the fault there is blame on both sides. Anyway, this week has been hard emotionally. I had a doctor's appointment that...

Photo

Labels (Could T please read with care)

Posted by heaeliper , 24 February 2013 · 47 views

I friend of mine who does not know about the R is feeling down and hung up on labels so I thought I would remind myself of mine.

My labels

woman
Hispanic
White
Generation X
College Grad
Grad school Grad
Professional
Writer
ex wife
girlfriend
friend
sister
daughter
Aunt
[s]VICTIM NO MORE FOR I AM STRONG!

SURVIVOR!!!!!!...

Photo

Because it bears repeating....

Posted by heaeliper , 21 February 2013 · 24 views

Because it bears repeating...
I am beautiful
I am strong
I am in control
I am loved

Because it bears repeating....
His sins are his
My sins are mine
He stole my innocence
He violated my soul but could not take my spirit

Because it bears repeating...
He tried to break me
He only left me bent
He shattered my dreams
So I made new ones
He shook my fou...

Photo

Happy Birthday Matt (If Only) Could T Read With Care

Posted by heaeliper , 19 February 2013 · 44 views

Matt was a smart kid, he was good in school, attentive to friends, and the only thing he loved more than baseball was his family. He dreamed of growing up, going to LSU and being successful in baseball or in the field of science,.. Today is Matt's 34th birthday and there is no doubt in my mind that Matt would be living his dream in the field of scienc...

Photo

The Pain

Posted by heaeliper , 16 February 2013 · 24 views

Its a constant battle between pain and healing. The pain swallows you up and it would be so tempting to use medicinal means to back it off by feeling numb. Its the external memories the internal heartache the mind games the struggle to regain control. Often just a little self medication is so tempting. Then you think about the anger that life causes from...

Photo

You cannot cure Crazy! (could T read with care)

Posted by heaeliper , 02 February 2013 · 20 views

I have many siblings and many of their kids are reaching the age of going off to college. My siblings want me to share my story with them as a way of knowing that sometimes things happen when people are just minding their business. I have no problem doing this for them as I love my family.

I am a little frustrated with his family as they keep contacting...

Important information

While it is true that I am a licensed psychologist, I am here as a survivor, I do not work for pandys and anything I say should be taken as advice from a survivor and not that of a professional psychologist. Please refer to the crisis information within the site and know that everyone heals differently.

I do not wish to offend anyone reading my blog, however sometimes I cannot express my view by filtering my entries. Please read everything in my blog with care. Please know that I support all of you and I wish you well on your path to well and whole.

February 2013

S M T W T F S

Recent Comments

Search My Blog

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.