Datweet's Blog - "My Journey"

Photo

When "Safe" turns into "Danger"

Posted by datweet , 20 May 2014 · 90 views

To protect myself from being hurt further, as well as an attempt to save my life, I took a trip to California.  I chose to stay with my guy friends.  One of whom i've known for many years.  Though i am enjoying myself, there have been triggers and trauma that has happened since my stay.  Tomorrow makes 2 weeks that i've been staying at...

Photo

When I protect myself in a traumatic situation

Posted by datweet , 04 May 2014 · 98 views

I call it my "protective mode".
It's an automatic reaction that stems from my sexual violence history.
When I have an experience that the innermost parts of me recognizes as traumatic,
My mind, emotions, and spirit fight to protect me.
Just as they've always done from when I was a child.
They have become conditioned to protect me.

Each time, however, I'v...

Photo

Joy comes in the morning

Posted by datweet , 27 April 2014 · 65 views

It's true what they say. Joy comes in the morning. I have been discovering what things bring me "joy". There's something about being in the water, being at the beach, that relaxes me and gives me peace. Children bring me joy. I have none of my own, but I work with children and have two godchildren. When I play with them, I tell you I am overflowing with...

Photo

Fight to take the journey

Posted by datweet , 15 April 2014 · 72 views

Have you ever felt like you're not really here at all? That you're somewhere else? Someone else? I've been feeling like this lately.

Last night, I celebrated being eight days "self harm free". I found it difficult to celebrate the occasion with others. Even though I told them that we can do something to celebrate life. But they only laughed. I know tha...

Photo

You do the best you can in the moment

Posted by datweet , 26 March 2014 · 72 views

I was just thinking: 

At times, I try to prevent self-blame for my past trauma with these words:

"You did the best you could in the moment. 
You can't blame yourself for making decisions
towards something you couldn't fully understand.
You did the best you could in the moment."

I truly believe we do.

May 2015

S M T W T F S
3 456789

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.