Change

Photo

Can you trust after rape?

Posted by Lauren2014 , 26 April 2014 · 43 views

What rape teaches you is to withdraw from the world because you can’t trust it, it’s not safe, and you can’t even really trust yourself. You move thru the world and participate in it on some level but you feel like you are a turtle pulled into your shell. I recognize this now because I’ve just started to feel the opposite feeling....

Photo

What's normal after rape?

Posted by Lauren2014 , 22 April 2014 · 53 views

I started working with a therapist a year or so ago. I am not the therapy type, I pretty much hate it and resist it, at least I did until now. Now I believe in it because I can see concretely how it has worked and saved me. I had a bunch of things fall apart in my life at once and I got to the point where I just didn’t know what else to do so I agre...

Photo

Everything has flipped

Posted by Lauren2014 , 10 January 2014 · 47 views

Hi there to anyone reading my post.  Nice to e-meet you.  I am a single 32 year old female and I've just realized I've repressed a memory of a sexual assault that occurred when I was 19 and in college.  Now that this memory has come back I feel my world has been flipped upside down.  Everything over the last 13 years makes sense now....

December 2014

S M T W T F S
1415161718 19 20

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.