sailor's Blog

Photo

I Left

Posted by sailor , in Bad Marriage 01 December 2013 · 122 views

Three weeks ago, I moved out.

My husband doesn't believe he ever hurt me. Even after I told him what happened, how it left me feeling scared and intimidated, he didn't believe it. He said the 7 years before that should make up for a few moments when he lost his temper... besides, I deserved it. If I feel scared it's just because I'm too fragile....

Photo

Leaving

Posted by sailor , in Bad Marriage 01 November 2013 · 186 views

I've been with my husband for 8 years, and each one has been a struggle. An internal one, that I kept very well to myself.
I didn't like who I was when I met him. I preferred his ideal of "the right woman." I shelved my baggage. I pretended to be more mature than my 19 years of neglect and abuse. I put my needs aside and focused on making him happy.
I wou...

December 2014

S M T W T F S
21 222324252627

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.