Kyrie's Blog

Photo

Hidden Truths

Posted by Kyrie , 25 April 2013 · 36 views

I found this just recently in the newsletter from March 2009 on Pandys. The core message holds a truth that all survivors need to hear.

"Take a carrot for an example.

When you grate it, it's still a carrot. You can cook it, grate it, chop it, boil it, mash it. You can do what you want to it, but it never STOPS being a carrot and nothing in the...

Photo

Project Unspoken: Break the Silence, Spread Awareness

Posted by Kyrie , 12 April 2013 · 20 views

These videos are a part of something called 'Project Unspoken ' which is concerned with breaking the silence around sexual assault and rape, and spreading awareness. The statistics shown are pretty scary.

This first one brings tears to my eyes, and I love that it's people who know survivors that are...

Photo

Fearless - The Power of Words (Updated version!)

Posted by Kyrie , 04 April 2013 · 29 views

April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month . This is the first in a special little series of entries that I have planned for this month. And I thought it would be appropiate to start where I consider my healing journey to of truly begun.

My healing journey started with one word. One word that touched me as no other single word ever has. It reached inside me...

Photo

Changes

Posted by Kyrie , 30 March 2013 · 25 views

So much is changing in my life right now. Even though the changes are positive, it's still really scary.

I'm doing school work again and seriously considering applying to go to university. I just got my learner's licence, even though all the crazy drivers out there still freak me out. I may or may not be getting a job (just waiting to hear b...

Photo

Monsters vs Beautiful People

Posted by Kyrie , 16 March 2012 · 19 views

Monsters donít feel remorse; do not have empathy or compassion. Monsters know the difference between right and wrong, they just donít care. Monsters will do despicable things to other people and enjoy it. Monsters are cold and cruel and only care about themselves. Monsters sometimes wear a mask of warmth and kindness and can be gentle while they tear some...

Photo

Remembering Why Living Is Worth It

Posted by Kyrie , 12 March 2012 · 19 views

Sometimes I wish I could just disappear (just fade away from existance); because living is too hard, because the emotions are too intense to deal with, because this pain never leaves and it's too much.

But then I remember, remind myself of, all the good things that also come with being alive: love, hope, friendship, hugs, sun sets and rises, the so...

Photo

Fearless - The Power of Words

Posted by Kyrie , 09 March 2012 · 20 views

My healing journey started with one word. One word that touched me as no other single word ever has. It reached inside me and grabbed a hold of my heart, and I broke down and cried.

I was sinking into a bit of a depression again, was spending all my time ignoring reality and trying to lose myself in the in the fantastical world of fiction. School work s...

Photo

Closing the Door on Reality

Posted by Kyrie , 07 March 2012 · 15 views

I know that I do this all the time. Probably a little too often. And I've been wondering, do other people do the same thing?

I often watch TV or a movie, read a book, etc. to escape from reality for awhile. I sometimes get so involved in them that I call them my "obssessions". I bury myself in these alternate realities, so much so that the...

Photo

Catching Colds and Worries

Posted by Kyrie , 01 March 2012 · 16 views

So I've caught a really bad cold. My nose is already sore from blowing it so often, and my sinuses are so stuffed up I can't hear properly out of one ear. I'm also starting to get a bad cough. Colds alaways seem to hit me especially hard.

However what I'm really worried about is that I won't be well enough to go to my couselling sessi...

December 2014

S M T W T F S
141516171819 20

Recent Comments

Categories

Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. is not intended to be a substitute for professional assistance. All members and visitors are encouraged to establish a relationship with a trained counselor, therapist, or psychiatrist. Pandora's Aquarium, Inc. offers rape and sexual abuse survivor-to-survivor support only. Despite any qualifications staff or members possess, they are not engaged in a professional relationship with any other member. Survivors in crisis are urged to seek local help by contacting 911 or their local rape crisis center. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Service located here.