Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest PepsiMama2

What does "trigger" mean?

2 posts in this topic

I've been reading quite a bit of the posts here and many of them say "trigger" but  I haven't a clue as to what means.

I've read some of the stories all the way through and some I didn't want to read anymore.

One thing I have to say is that from my experience of posting about my ordeal...in it being not good, I'm overwhelmed with all the warm responses and human compassion. Yet it confuses me more that on another board, whether or not sexual abuse is the main focus, why is the understanding and compassion lacking? People are people no matter what message board it is.

Peps

First of all, welcome to Pandy's! :)

"Trigger" means that their are things within the post—graphic language, descriptions, stuff like that—that might bother someone if they're not in a particularly good state of mind at the time, so they might want to skip it and come back later when they think they can handle it.

And I totally agree with you concerning the thing with other message boards. People are people, but, for some reason, people seem not to feel like they need to have any self-control or decency elsewhere on the 'net. I'm sorry you were treated poorly, but you don't have to worry about that here, we're very glad to have you. :bee:

Kat