The pandy's insomnia club

Lis

I'd like to join the pandys insomnia club :) If thats ok?

I really should go to bed now, I have an early start tomorrow. But I know if I get into bed now I just won't sleep! Thoughts just go round in my head instead and drive me crazy! I took sleeping tablets months ago when I was first coming to terms with what happened to me. I only took them for a week or so because my doctor didn't want me to get hooked on them. I was glad to get off them because it felt so weird taking them. They made my head feel all fuzzy!

But now I'm back to getting little sleep again! Grrrr! Everyone in the club deserves a good nights sleep! So unfair.

Sending you all lots of love

Charley xxxx

phoenixrising06

:hug::hug: Charley!

Welcome to the Club!!! Well, not so sure it is a "welcome" to be here... :blink: , but maybe we can all help each other. It is early for me right now and I hope to maybe put myself to bed "on time" tonight. But I hope that every night. :rolleyes:

Take care,

PR

Hello everyone,

So I'm delirious, but...

I think I've found a way to sleep. I have this adorable puppy who has been sleeping in a crate at night. Last night I let her sleep with me instead. I slept peacefully through the night, listening to her little puppy breaths. Nothing quite like it in the world.

Love always,

L.

...how about a club for people who are always exhausted no matter how much they sleep?

Though I am also occasionally insomniatic.. (or.. however you'd say that..)

phoenixrising06

Hey Kiota...I could join that club too. From Nov-Feb, I had on and off periods of sleeping 12+ hours and never getting enough. I would wander all night and then sleep all day. Nasty stuff.

sleep usually cycles for me. will go days/weeks on jsut few hours until im so exhausted i just plain crash. i do have trouble gettin my brain to shut off. ive tried several of the suggestions in this post. a night without mares is rare and i sometimes find myself fighting sleep as much as possible. get sick of reliving it over and over. i was to the point where i could fall asleep but couldnt stay asleep. im in pretty much a no sleepin rut now. or if i do get an hour, maybe two, im totally reenergized and wide awake. ive stopped drinking... for the most part. when i do, i have no off switch so... avoid it. have gotten hooked on sleepin pills before so i try to avoid drugs. but when im desperate, i have a stockpile of flexerill for my back... which may not be a good thing but ive been good about not slammin em. ive pretty much cut out caffeine totally. ive even cut waaayyyy back on my chocolate consumption... hello. my name is idgie and im a recovering chocoholic!! i was just tellin di the other day i sleep like a kid... need some sort of nightlight just so im not in complete darkness, a pillow (or one of my cats) to clutch cause bill is just too damn hot, and some sort of noise which is usually really low music for me. im a huge john mayer fan and his new continnum cd is pretty mellow for sleepin. i have a teitur mix that is great. i fall asleep much faster to the tv but bill cant hack it. i wish i could rely on him more for comfort but hes simply not good at it and we have our issues. id rather let one of us get a good night sleep... esp when hes the one that gets up early to bust his ass at work all day so that i can stay home. were tryin to start a family. been rough going. i havent been triggering too badly but its def takin a toll. :hissyfit: please just let me sleep! just one night of dreamless, peaceful sleep. all i ask!

one silent feather

It's Monday night and I haven't slept since Saturday night.

The insomnia has increased to weekly now. It started about a year and half ago but it was only about once a month.

My husband said he noticed it started after my surgery last year (I was diagnosed with a tumor under my sternum which they split to get to it but come to find out I had a medium sized artery in my lung collapse and what they thought was a tumor on the MRI was dead lung).

I made a complete recovery, albeit the 10 inch scar down my chest and some titanium wiring. But the experience was very traumatic. All the doctors thought I had cancer and I went for a month visiting doctors about cancer treatment. Put it this way, the doctors said, "do you have a will"? and "nows a good time to take that vacation you've always wanted". WTF I was a nervous wreck.

But I digress.....

I think the insomnia is increasing in direct relation to the stress of recovery.

Hello insomnia club :)

I'm so tired!! :sleepy:

At the moment however much sleep I get, I'm always always tired. I slept for 12 hours on Saturday night and woke up feeling shattered. :confused: I've gone from one extreme to the other. It used to be that I could never get to sleep because my brain would never shut off. Now I can't get enough sleep but I'm always tired!! I just can't win!

I hate insomnia! It sucks!

Charley xxx

Yeah totally sucks Charley!!! its 4.47am here and I have yet to sleep! Argggghhhhhhh Im going to suffer tommorrow morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Wish there is a "sleep' switch in us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! turn it off!

Addy

(((Addy)))

I'd love a sleep switch! How cool would that be? I think you should invent one and get rich in the process!!

Last night I couldn't get to sleep at all, I was still awake at 2am just thinking and thinking. It didn't help either than my boyfriend text me at 2am! Grrrr!

Lots of love

Cxxx

Funny... friend and I were talking about a switch the other day! HA! Mine's called a 2x4! Smack me over the head til I'm unconscious! lol Cant turn my brain off. Started taking a natural supplement thats supposed to ease your mind but nothing so far. Took a flex last night bout 8. Dosin off lil after 9 so went to bed. Actually fell asleep lil while after but was up at 1:11! Dammit! YAWN!!!!!!! 2-3 hr nights just arent cuttin it. though better than none at all... which occurs way too often!! :(

Guest Simplybeeme86

Im in my room and my roomie is fast asleep, I wish I could sleep like I trusted the world to be okay while I slept...like nothing bad was going to happen. But instead, I'm up writing and painting. So tired though! I usually sleep in the afternoons when it's bright and sunny out.

Its 5.44am in the morning!!!!! I cant sleep!!!!! I have so much on my mind its like going to burst! Im just filled with anxiety. Filled with pain... I dont know why I cant just unload...I am afraid of everything. This fear is just crippling me. I have so much to do tommorrow yet I feel I cant do it. I just want to hide at home! I just want to wish the world away!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo angry and upset with myself! Why am I becoming worse and worse? This is so exhausting...not being able to sleep..not being able to shut down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:down::down::down::down::down::down::down: Adeline

I still suffer with insomnia but I thought I'd got over my fear of going to sleep but it's back again :( I had a really scary nightmare last night and cried out in my sleep, which I've never ever done before. When I woke up I was terrified my boyfriend was my perp and I've never felt scared to sleep in the same room as him before :( I hated it because I could tell it upset him. I'm really scared of going to sleep tonight in case I have another scary nightmare. I hate this, it's rubbish!!!

Cxxx

yech... I'm right there with you, C... I know if I fall asleep I'll dream about my good friend r*ping me, which he would never do, but it'll still mess me up.

phoenixrising06

Another Club Member reporting in for the night (or early morning). Someone mentioned a natural supplement to aid sleeping. What is this? I had some herbal tea a few years back...sleepy tea or comfort tea--I forget the name...that was supposed to aid w/sleeping and was calming, but I don't remember what any of the ingredients were. I'd love something natural to help slow/calm my nerves down a bit vs. an actual sleeping med. Since I don't get down for more than 5 or so hours at a time, I'm afraid I'd be an even worse wandering, groggy basket case in the am w/prescription meds.

My insomnia has been off the radar for the past year...on and off. I find that stress and anxiety feed into this. I also think that as I delve deeper into "sitting w/my emotions," it disturbs/digs up stuff that messes w/me when I close my eyes. I normally do not remember dreams, but have been having some doozies as of late. Like about a week and a half ago, I had two in one night about being mortally hurt and saw clearly who was doing it (someone I know). I was also attacked while sleeping, so that doesn't help.

Hang in there guys!!!!! :sleepy::hug:

horrible case of insomia! my mind wont shut off!! i have to get up for work in less than hour! :( i usually have trouble sleeping on sunday nights, from sleeping in, so i sometimes take a pill to help me sleep....... however i didnt take it tonight, as i am paranoid, because the last time i took it, i ended up oversleeping and being late to work(and teachers need to be there on time!) so now i am gonna go to work with NO SLEEP AT ALL! :( at least school only lasts til 2 and i am not groggy, lots of caffeine today i guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its 6.22am! AAAARGGGHHHH another night in the INS CLUB!

Cast me gently in the morning for the night has been unkind!!!!!!!!!

Goodnight Charley!

Goodnight Sara!

Goodnight PR!

Goodnight Starry!

Goodnight Simplybeeme86!

Goodnight !

Goodnight Pandys!

Sweet Dreams my sleepless ones!

Addy

Another night in the club!!!!! :(:tear::tear::tear::tear:

Addy

The natural supplement I started is called Tranquility Base from The Blood Type Diet. Has lemon balm and chamomile leaf in it. Woman I got it from swears by it. Has helped her tremendously to ease her mind and shes sleeping much better. I haven't seen the same results... as of yet. I think its more something you need to take on a regular basis and kind of build up in your system I guess. I'm taking one capsule a day when I remember! Whole 'nother story there. My memory absolutely sucks!

Overdosed on flu tabs.... Doing badly tonight.... doing really badly ........I just want to sleep........ I wish I can switch off for good! I wish I switch off this pain foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sleep adeline sleep I command you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:down: Addy

Can someone please tell my brain to shut up already????????????????

I want to sleep so bad but Im having major headache ... I deserve it whacking myself with so many flu tabs... ugh! I hate myself!

Sleepless at Pandys Addy

well, ill tell yer brain to shut up, if you tell mine to!!!! drives me nuts. im actually just gettin over the flu. i slept almost the entire day sunday. YAY!!! but back to lil sleep already. man, gotta figure somethin out!

I'm back to the club!! I've barely slept this week. I was working away from home and staying at a hotel. Is anyone else completely incapable of sleeping in a new/strange place?! So very annoying!

Sending lots and lots of love to my fellow insomniac pandys people

Love Charley xxx