The pandy's insomnia club

Lis

Star of the Sea

er moo here,

this isn't as helpful as Lou's link...but as a sheep I just couldn't resist posting this. :rolleyes: what can i say? :blush:

Sheep Art for Insomniacs

good luck sleeping and sweet dreams,

moo

P.S. Ayelet's a chronic member of this club. things that have helped in the past...herbal teas. making her bedroom more wecoming and comforting... getting a sleep lamp... lavendar mist spray... good night massage cream. (also with lavendar) writing out what's on her mind so she can try to let go of it enough to sleep.

Edited by Star of the Sea

Clubs I'd rather not join..... oh well.

I'm currently on a COCKTAIL of sleep meds, Ativan, Trazodone, and Risperdal (that one's technically an anti-psychotic, but it works for anxiety related problems, too) and I'm still sleeping all day and up all night if I'm not really careful.

Caitlin

heya, new member joining insomniac's.....

i'm in the UK so thinking the time zones may be a little out for all you american's, but it's gettin late here and i'm sooooo not sleeping!! anyone else awake and feel like chatting?

a-very-bored-phoenix

I have trouble sleeping to from anxiety and nightmares of what happened to me. I take a benadryl at night and that helps me to go to sleep.

Lyn

• 2 weeks later...
Blue_Dolphin308

I know that I need a med adjustment. I am waiting until my Dr. gets in the office on Wednesday. I have not been able to sleep well for the last couple of weeks. Hopefully she changes or up's my meds.

Ladybass

• 4 weeks later...

I took Tylenol PM and Night time cough medicine (I know that can't be healthy) four hours ago and I'm still writting this at 3 a.m.!!! Argh! I'm so bored right now. I've just watched three f*cking hours of South Park and now it's just infomarcials. Maybe it's time I look into perscription meds.

• 2 weeks later...
ResilientOne90

Hey everyone,

I read most of the responses here, but not all of them....

There's a couple of suggestions I have but I don't know if they were already mentioned or not...

-- Don't go on computer a whole lot during the day, and try not to go on the computer before going to bed, the radiation from the monitor makes you have trouble sleeping(for me anyways)

--believe it or not, masturbating before going to sleep helps really well, I was reading about it on a site for teens, but it helps for adults too!

--and one more thing, sleeping with your head pointed to the north might help too!

hope this helps!

Cassondra xo

• 2 weeks later...

i have that problem with not sleeping so am going to do some of the things you sugggest and log on to the dreamcatchers web site so thanks

louise

Does anyone here do yoga? I just started a month ago and have noticed that I go to sleep a lot easier after a yoga session. That strikes me as odd though because I think one of the objectives of yoga is suppose to be more energy. :oo: I just don't know anymore. I'm so sick of my fluxuating sleep habits.

Kagome,

Yoga is also relaxing, so that could explain why you feel like you can sleep afterwards.

survivor

Kagome,

Yoga is also relaxing, so that could explain why you feel like you can sleep afterwards.

survivor

143789[/snapback]

That makes sense, I guess I'm just dissapointed because I joined yoga because I wanted some more energy. But I guess you take it where you can get it.

Kagome,

I have only done relaxing yoga. But I have "heard" the there are different kinds. Some that are more energizing and some that are more calming. (I don't know if that's true, it's just something that I've heard.)

Is Tai Chi (sp?) energizing? I've never done it, but maybe someone here might know.

I have found that exercise that gets me really working in general is energizing.

survivor

Is Tai Chi (sp?) energizing?  I've never done it, but maybe someone here might know.

144193[/snapback]

I'm not sure, but maybe it's something I should look into. Thanks Survivor. :)

heya,

I've had a go at Tai Chi... I found it to be more of a relaxation thing than energising.. quite calming.. though it does help to clear your mind a bit because you tend to zone in on your movements etc, so it can leave you feeling quite fresh in a way..

some more info here if you're interested, you can even get a starter pack to have a go here:

Authentic Tai Chi for Health

xxx rala B)

Mostly, I noticed my arms got buff.

Really? Hmmm....getting rid of the flaps on my upper arms might be reason enough to give it try. :)

• 5 weeks later...

:oo: Well this is about how I feel right now, because Im exausted and I can't sleep. I am throughly annoyed with myself because I feel like I should be able to just go to sleep. I have tried all of these things, and unless im completely entirely exausted myself to death, i can't seem to be able to sleep. I have tried the sleeping pills, and yes they eventually knock me out, if I take like four of them,but them I wake up with a major headache. I was on ambien for a while but found that i was addicted to it so doc. took me off it. I have tried boring books, radio, I think perhaps my solution might be just to get a night job at this point. I am more than willing to try any new suggestions so please keep writing :) Im glad to know that im not the only one with this problem.

sakotta

ugh, reading through here right now looking desparately for some way to help myself to get to sleep...

I've taken the happy-sleepy-time druggies... Tried the herbal "sleepy" tea... listening to relaxing music... Tried reading...

I NEED SLEEP!

Kelly

• 1 year later...

boosting!

Jes, I haven't read the whole thing, but it seems like there are some good suggestions for sleep here, but it's also a "support for those who can't sleep" thread, which is different than the sleep tips thread you had in mind...

tiedcherry

I have trouble sleeping every night. I find myself seeing the man that hurt me for so many years. I have tried all of these things you recommend but none of them seem to work. As soon as I close my eyes I see the horror I went through. I don't know how to get it out of my mind. Do you have any other suggestions.

• 2 months later...
forgottenhowtofly

Ok I am posting here because I am trying to get my brain to wind down. I have already taken my Ambien CR. I have not had any soda or coffee since about 4 this afternoon. Not the caffiene usually affects me trying to go to sleep.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!! I just wanna say that insomnia sucks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that I have to get some sleep or I am going to look like hell tomorrow, and I have to go to church, and if you don't look perfect everyone will assume something is wrong. And then they will start asking all sorts of questions that I really don't feel like answering.

DAMN THE PRESSURE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe that is why I am having difficulty falling asleep.....I am putting tooooooo much damn pressure on myself.

I am pressuring myself to be perfect.....like that is something new........GAWD!!!!!!!!!!! Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok B-R-E-A-T-H-E!!!!!! In and out, in and out sssssllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwwwlllllllllllyyyyyyyyy.

Ok I am going to go back to bed and lay down and try to calm down. I am going to do some mindfulness stuff........

Wish me luck and lots of sleep.....please.....

fhtf

I know how frustrating it is. It is my longest last affect.

I defy sleeping pills so the best advice I've received is...

* exercise

* go on a walk in the evening to get out, be active, relax, and release some tension.

* ironically, a baked potato before you go to bed. Weight gain or sleep.... you pick :)

* keep all business out of the bedroom. Don't do your bills in your room or on your bed, no school work, nono computer, NOTHING. That way your body knows it is a place for rest and relaxation

* deep breathe for 20 minutes. This relaxes your body but also gets oxygen to all of your organs; reducing your chances of getting cancer.

* don't spin on things that you can change. If a situation is stagnant in your life than try not to dwell/spin on it. When something new happens regarding it, pick the topic back up but not until there is an update, the next step, progress, etc.

* we determine how our next day will be with the attitude we go to bed with about it the night before. If you think you will be tired and have a crappy day, chances are you will wake up with the same edge and kind of be stuck there all day. If you think tomorrow will be a good day and envision yourself waking up rested and happy... you have a better shot at looking and feeling rested and having a good day. I try this when I know there is nothing I can do about the amount of hours I get. the less stressed I am about it by accepting that I will live and be fine, the more rested I feel in the morning..

Just Sass posting AGAIN.

The way things are going for me... I should sign up for full time membership of this club! hehe.... :lol:

Cracking jokes alone when one hasnt sleep the whole night.... yikes...even the cock is crowing!!!!!!

Geez addy ... get a hammer and knock yourself out!

Adeline

P/S sassafras ...tks for the tips... guilty of lines 1 and 3 !

I feel for you Adeline. I know, for me, it can be SO frustrating.

Hang in there and keep your humor! :)

Sass

Edited by Sassafras