The pandy's insomnia club

Lis

dancing_in_pain

these have helped me at different times, maybe they'll help others too:

a tincture of valerian and hops in hot chamomile tea

deep meditation; deep alpha or light theta

large amount of physical activity

no caffeine or alcohol for hours before bedtime

valium helps with the dreams, but i dont like the dependency...

just a few.. in fact, deep meditation worked for me last night... i slept for 6 hours!!!!!

(((((to everyone)))))

and i hope you get some relaxing sleep!!

4.45am an no sleep again.im so worn out to.even if i could go to sleep now i have to be up at 7am.this is so frustrating. :(

well thankgod i managed to get some sleep lastnight.4 hours.i never did anything differant to what i normally do i just fell asleep. :) .but tonight im so wide awake there is no chance of any sleep.

i have no problem sleeping in the day time. only in the night time. I just lay there and wait for sleep to come and then come home from work and take a nap.

Guest deadpie

I slept on june 3rd, haven't slept since. Won't sleep tonight, cuz tomorrows my bday. I'm still entergetic and good.

well i just knew i would not sleep again tonight.5.50am an sat here wide awake. :(

i have struggled with insomnia for about 16 months now--it SUCKS!!!!! (like right bnow--its nearing 1am, and i am NOT sleepy at ALL!!!! yeah!) but here are the things that have helped me.

an alarm clock with a "whte-noise" thing in it--you can hit a button, and it plays a stream, or chimes, or the ocean with waves and seagulls (that one puts me out easy!)

a cup of hot tea before bed (uncaffenated--but it doesnt bother me somehow)

an over the coutner sleep aid--a friend of mine takes benedryl--and the OTC sleepaid i bought, that was VERY affordable--the active ingredient? benedryl---try taking just one or a half a one, and see what it does. its non-habit forming, and it works.

my problem is giong to sleep and staying there......i wake up about every 15-20 min, and then give up after like 3-4 hours. the "white-noise", even if its just a fan running on low, really helps.

yeah--dont go into your bedroom if you are not sleeping. your body will start associating your bedroom with sleep.

try something like a linen-spray--lavender helps promote sleep in the body--maybe try getting a lavender scented linen spry, and spray your sheets and pillows in your BR, but only use that scent there, and not in other parts of your house. that helped me.

camomile tea--helps nice.

dont know if any of this is helpful, but, it has helped me. best of luck to you, and

SWEET DREAMS!!!!!!

3days an nights now with noooooooooooo sleep.an im getting pritty pissed off with myself now.uggggggggggg

5th night tonight.got sleeping meds to take tonight so i should be able to sleep.hate taking these meds.

i had insomnia for several months, on and off this year. this is the only thing that helped. http://www.sleeptracks.com

i don't have any affiliation with this company or anything, i just literally was losing my life to insomnia, and this literally saved it. there's a ton of great information on the site... i hope that it helps someone here

I had insomnia and found that taking Trazadone got me back on a good night sleep. In addition I stopped being on the computer so late at night which I found from intensive outpatient program was giving me a false sense of daylight. I also stopped working out so close to bedtime, stopped having caffeine so late in the day, and did more relaxing activities before bedtime. If I was not tired I simply got up and did some stuff until I was tired enough to sleep. I found simply laying in bed gave me more anxiety making it harder and harder for me to fall asleep. With all this advice combined I was able to take control of my insomnia in time for school to start. However I would not suggest trying trazadone out for the first time on a work or school night cause when I was trying to figure out the right dose for me I slept in a couple of times.

Edited by aflat

MatthewJ123

i haven't had a good night's sleep since 1997... i am constantly alert and vigilant, it's the one thing i haven't been able to get past.

• 2 weeks later...

well iv been getting about 2 hours sleep a night for the past 3 nights but tonight i just feel wide awake.its almost 5am here an not so much as a yawn.

• 3 weeks later...
nursingstudent101

i can completely relate to all this I am now entering my 6th night with no sleep. I am getting so frustrated with the whole thing, my problem is two things i cant sleep then when i get tired i dont let myself go to sleep because of the nightmares.

This is sp frustrating, i have tried so many things in the past to help me sleep, but right now none of them are working and i hate taking meds...

3.32 am gere and I am awake. I have slept - for about 4 hours. Not happy. My brain is just so full of so much crap.

Maybe tomorrow night i will sleep through.

carebear707

Thanks so much for the good advice. Nite time isnt always a great time - esp if your head is rumbling round and round ...

cb

6:40AM here. been up for about 23 hours and wont get in bed til 11PM at the earliest. will have been 39 hours awake when i go to bed tonight... *sighs*.. sleep is dumb anyways. lol.. jkjk

iv not been to bad this last week or so but now its been 2 nights with no sleep.im so worn out but i just cant sleep. looks like its all starting again.its 5am here an im now having a warm drink to see if that helps. :(

Penguin_Chick

I went to bed at midnight, haven't slept at all... been thinking of my ex-GF, and how she acted all capable and stuff when I was in crisis, but inside she was crying, she phoned her Mom and cried down the phone to her... the first time in 20 years, almost... all because I was in trouble.