Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lora

Incomplete searches

8 posts in this topic

I have been having a terrible time using the seacrh fucntion on the new board.  It's tons faster than on the old one, but it usually doesn't return all the results it should.  Yesterday, for instance, I was looking for something I had posted (which meant it was since May of this year, so I selected "this year and later") but wasn't sure which of three forums it was in, and an "all forum" search didn't find it, and neitehr did searching on my username and each of the three forums individually (but when I just paged through teh forum posts, I found the thread with no problem).

Just wondering if there's something I'm missing or if the search function is just squirrely.

Lora

I had the same thing happen to me, but I thought that maybe I had messed up. Now I'm wondering too.

Barbara

I've had the same thing happen to me...I was looking for a thread and decided to use the search function since I'm lazy.  It didn't come up when I typed in my name and searched by user, but it came up when I somehow remembered the title of the thread and searched for it that way.  I thought maybe it was just me.  Glad I'm not alone.

Cathy

I had similar issues when trying to find a post by someone.  Rather than use the search function, I used the 'sort' function at the bottom of the forum I was looking in.  I sorted by topic starter.  It arranges them alphabetically.  Very handy if you aren't sure of the title.

:)

Laney

I'll have to try this Laney - thanks.

Because I've had problems with incomplete searches as well.

n.

Excellent suggestion, Laney!  I hadn't even noticed the sort option!

Lora

Nice suggestion, Laney.

I honestly dont know what's up with the incomplete searches. Very weird. I'll check the IB support forums and see what I can come up with.