If You Were My Sister or Brother...

Jackie

If you were my sister/brother I would tell you that no matter how you feel about yourself, there will always be love and support in this world for you.

You are no less of a person because someone took something away from you

This is a truly inspirational thread

Guest Sparrow

If you were my brother or sister I would just listen to your heart until you were done and look into your eyes with compassion and understanding. I'd let you know I care and just be with you and if you allowed me to, give you a safe warm hug. Then if you asked what I thought or needed to hear from me I'd say: You are fearfully and wonderfully made, not a mistake for God doesn't make any. When____________happened to you God cried for the choices others made against you as a person and for how their choice hurt you. It wasn't your fault, you did nothing wrong, the person who made the choice did, it is a reflection of them. Then I'd ask if I could pray with you for your healing, comfort and strength.

If you were my brother or sister (and you ARE)

I'd tell you I see the beauty you can't see

And, if you could see what I see in you,

There'd be nothing, love, that you could not do.

(This is from a poem I wrote that you can view on my website under "Meditations.")

Wonderful thread!

• 2 weeks later...

If you were my brother or sister, I would listen while you told me everything you needed to say. I would not run away from you. I would let you know that I'm here for you. I would support you in whatever decisions you needed to make. I would think about you all the time and send love to you whenever I thought about you. I would spend time with you just to let you know that you are worthy of friendship and play and fun and sorrow and rage and contentedness--no matter what you felt or wanted to do, as long it wasn't self-destructive, I'd be right there with you.

• 2 weeks later...

If I were your sister, I would tell you that I admire you, I respect you, I love you and that I miss you since I am not here much anymore...

If you were my sister or brother, I would tell you that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that I won't stop holding your hand until you have seen that light yourself.

If you were my brother or sister, I would tell you to never give up, to not doubt yourself.

If you were my sister or brother, I would tell you that you are not alone, although it might feel like it.

What a beautiful thread, Elektra and Jackie.

S.

AdAstraSarah

If you were my sister, I would say to you

Please, do not be bitter

I would hold you close to my heart

I would never let us part

If you were my sister, I would cry with you

Until our tears create a river of love

And from out love I would draw forth the stars

And throw them into the night sky

So that your spirit will always be so high

So high as it once was,

And so high as it will be once more

For you are my sister, and with all the pieces of my broken heart

I will love you ever more

Together we can face the sadness, the pain

For our love is forever, it can never wane…

Your pain can never run deeper than you love, never ever. And as a feather fallen to the ground, you will be lifted to the sky again; this is what I truly believe.

I think I am a little late for this thread...?

Love to you all,

AdAstraSarah

That's beautiful, AdAstraSarah and you're not late at all. I don't think there is a late on this one. :)

I love coming here and reading the responses and finding new ones. :wub:

Yes, it is very beautiful, (((A~M)))

It's nice to see you, too. :)

If you were my sister or brother I would listen to everything you needed to say. I'd let you yell, scream. I'd let you cry. I'd let you know you're never alone. If it was ok, I'd hold you. I would tell you it wasn't your fault. I'd tell you how proud I was of you that you survived! And, I would thank you for trusting me enough to tell me what happened for I know how hard the step of breaking the slilence is!

Sockspup :puppy:

• 2 months later...

If you were my sister or brother I would tell you that it is not your fault and that I love you. I would stand by you and help you in anyway that I can. I would let you vent and tell me everything. I would tell you that you are not alone at all.

Melissa ;)

If you were my sister I would ask you what you needed?....If you don't know yet, that's okay....I can wait for you...

if you were my brother/sister i would tell you to stay strong , believe in yourself , never blame yourself and find something good you have done evryday day to make you feel better

((((((((((((((((((((Ashley-Michelle))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

As I have told you, you write beautifully, and that was from your heart.

Love,

Tina

I never saw this post til now, so....

If you were my sister or my brother I would hold you and tell you how much I loved and cared for you. I would whisper to you that it wasn't your fault, that what was done to you was an act of evil and will never take away your beauty.

I would tell you that you can get through this no matter how painful and hard it is, that you are strong, that you are courageous and that you deserve to be able to say that to yourself and not just hear it from me.

raincomedown

I haven't read this thread in a while, but I just did, and now I am sitting here with tears in my eyes! This thread is so wonderful...thank you to my Pandys family for being such loving and supportive people!

:hug:

Lisa

• 4 weeks later...

This is one of the most fabulous threads I have read. I cannot seem to stop the tears. I am tempted to write that it leaves me without words, but that is rare. So here goes.

If you were my sister or brother, I would tell you that your courage humbles me, your strength inspires me and your capacity for warmth, kindness and caring astonishes me.

If you were my sister or brother, Id tell you that the worst is over that the best is yet to come..

Id tell you that id always be there to love you and support you no matter what. Id look at you with love and ask you if you wanted a hug, then hug you... id encourage you to tell your story no matter what

and id always be there for you.

Id tell you that although I didnt know what it was to be you, or go through what your going through now but that i believed you and would always be there for you...

wonderful thread

ResilientOne90

Wow this is an awesome thread!

If you were my sister or brother, I'd hold you in my arms and tell you that it's going to be ok. I'd tell you that no matter what happened it was not your fault, and that I love you very much. I would also tell you that you are so very strong and courageous and did not deserve what happend to you. I would be there for you.

Cassondra xo

• 4 months later...

If you were my sister or my brother I would tell you none of this is not your fault, and I would remind you just what a special person you are. I would tell you how I'm amazed by your strength and then I would remind you, that you don't have to be strong all the time, that it is ok to have timees when you let someone elese to be there for you, and I would tell you when ever you want me I will be there for you.

Take care

nicola

Guest Simplybeeme86

If you were my brother or sister...

I would tell you (as tears threaten to splash down my face) that you are loved and what has been done to you...is not your fault. These nightmares will not last forever. You are valued. You are still you. You are worthy of love and attention. It is okay, it is good to cry. You are beautiful, and the moments you feel that way now...are good. If you were my brother or sister, we'd watch movies late at night and laugh. Because you are loved, valued, and wanted...and what has been done to you...was not your choice, it is not your fault, and you are no less of the person I loved before than I love now.

Liz