Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
linnea

Let's share something good with each other

84 posts in this topic

My earliest postitive memory was when I was 4.

~I was at my parents house(well, trailer) and suddenly my mom's grandparents pull into the driveway! My "dad" yells at us all(mom, me and my brother) to hide. I start crying. Daddy has to hide us, in hopes they'll think we're not home. But then my mom does the only good thing I've ever seen her do in my life, and she goes and opens to door. I know she probably got a good beating for doing that. Because you see, my grandparents were there for ME. They collected the stuff I absolutely needed, talked for a few minutes, and took me away from there. I never had to go back again. I was so happy I was jumping up and down. Sure maybe it made my real mom feel bad, but I didn't care. I was gonna be free from being hurt.

~My next positive memory is from that same time period. I was in the social services office and I guess my grandma was doing some paperwork to get the adoption set up. There was this awesome antique doll house. OMG I wanted it! I played with it the whole time.(I got one just like it for my 7th birthday!)

~Lastly, my last happy memory is when I was five. I had had my operations on my eye(my retina had been detached for some time due to hard blows to the head) and had fully healed. We were in court. I don't remember much of it. I just remember seeing my new mommy and daddy sitting up by the judge saying they wanted me. My "old" parents had no trouble signing over rights, my new mommy(grandma) says thats because they were afriad of going to jail. My social worker gave me a strawberry shortcake doll! She was nice. We left and I just remember thinking "This is my new mommy and daddy" and feeling happier then I ever had before in my short life.

~If only I had reflected more on these memories as a teen, ha! Mighta saved my mom some backtalk and grief:-P

I love my parents so much. Gosh. Thanks for this, now I'm actually looking forward to going home next week for spring break!

My favorite earliest memory is one that wraps me like a blanket when I struggle with daily crap....

When I was between 3-5 ( not completely sure how old) I stayed with my paternal grand parents... I remember my nanna putting me to bed... she would curl me up in her lap and smooth my hair ... I remember holding her cameo pendant that i would rub between my thumb and finger as I drifted off to sleep...I remember her smell and her voice singing me to sleep so clearly that it feels like the 30 years in between then and now is but a moment... to this day i always wear my own cameo and going to the hair dressers is comical as I start to fall to sleep if anyone plays with my hair.... lol

(ps can you tell I adored my nanna lol)

i was an infant...my mother was rocking me in a rocking chair in front of a mirror...i saw my reflection in the mirror as she rocked me...i knew it was me...i saw myself wrapped in my baby blanket and remember the fact that i was only as big as her lap from head to toe...i remember exactly WHICH baby blanket it was!

my earliest positive memories...

When I was between 3 and 5 me and my cousins would spend a lot of time together which really made me happy, we'd go outside and play with bugs or just stay inside and play power rangers or something like that :P

When I was 9 I met the greatest friend of my life and me and her are still best friends to this very day.. when we were younger we used to spend so much time together.. when my mom and her husband were always fighting she was always there to comfort me when I needed a friend... :)

Cassondra xo

just.. my little sister. Taking her places with me when she was too little to go by herself.

My very first memory is when I was 2 and we lived in our first house. I came down the stairs, which turned to the left at the bottom, and my dad was in the kitchen cooking bacon for me for breakfast.

I think my favorite childhood memory would have to be when I was 3 and we had just moved into our new house. My mom and her friend went to the store and I threw a fit because I wanted to go but had to stay home with dad and the friend's husband. Mom told me they'd bring me home something and I remember thinking "oh yeah, a candy bar.. I want to goooooo!" When then came home I ran out into the car port to meet them and sitting on the friend's lap was an adorable little kitten! We named him Bailey and had him until I was 17.

This is a great thread!!

I was just thinking about this particular wonderful thread tonight and thought I'd boost it :)

I remember when I was 4, right before we moved to the US from France, there was a hot-air balloon that landed in our front yard. It was so pretty...a silken river of orange, red, green and blue spilled onto our yard as the air hissed out in long whispers. I still think of that balloon.

Thanks for boosting this thread, Lou! It made my day :)

My earliest positive memory is sitting on top of a double decker bus going with my mum to Weston (the beach) singing songs. We were entertaining all of the "old" people on the bus....and they were singing along also. It was just really simple, and really nice. I was about 4 I think.

Playing all kinds of imaginary things with my brother who was one year younger than me outside on the farm. We didn't have many toys, an old playhouse my dad had made for my sisters about 10 years earlier and our imaginations, and lots and lots of land to run free on with no town in site!! We would play cowboys and indians with imaginary horses and guns, we would play house, and The Dukes of Hazzard, we loved that show :blush::) , silly, but that was fun, I was Luke Duke and he was Bo Duke :blush::) . We would take off with a sack lunch on all day hiking trips, and we had almost 100 acres that we could do whatever we wanted to on, the only rule we had was stay away from the ponds, the road and be back before dark, which were very easy rules to obey when you had so much land to run on. We had so much fun (more fun than my kids have now, with all there toys :glare::huh: )

All of the farm animals we had, and my pets. Listening to the coyotes howl at night time with the windows open and the wind blowing the curtains.

The magic of Christmas.

Wow, now I have a really big smile on my face, and a magical, happy, feeling sometimes you get when you are little. Thank you for this thread, now I am going to have to look back on it off and on.

Christine

Edited by christinevght

I guess I'd have to say, my earliest happy memory, would be my 5th b-day @ my pre-school.:pandy:

My earliest happy memory is when i was 6 yrs old and my dad took me fishing for the first time and I caught a rainbow trout all on my own. My Dad was so proud of me he actually said I'm proud of you. Made me feel so good.

Shosh

My happiest most wonderful memory: I never really bonded to my daughter when she was born. I did take care of her and I was her only caregiver because my husband was active duty military. When my daughter was 5 months old, I realized that if I don't love her now, no one else will love her and she, as an innocent soul who was born without her choice, would probably be hurt and abused like me when I was a child. I vowed never to let that happen to her and... voila! I became a mother! And I became proud of myself as a mother and proud of her being my child. I also realized that no one could take the love I had for her away from her and me. Up to now, she calls me her "twin" and that makes me happy. Thanks for your time.

Making pizza with my dad when I was about 3.

Aged 3 or 4, sat on my dad's knee, he was reading to me and teaching me to read from the Hobbit.

This is such a lovely idea!

1.) My mom calling me "Pumpkin."

2.) When I was an elementary student, I got a trophy for academic acheivement. Watching my mom jump to her feet to applaud me made me feel like I was on top of the world.

3.) It was the last day of school and my dad picked me up. We spent the afternoon chasing fire trucks to see where they were going.

4.) My mom always went to a farm to buy peas for the winter. The farmer let the customers go into the field and pick their own peas, and he then weighed them and set a price. My mom would get up really early in the morning to go because the summers were so hot. That was when I saw my first sunrise. While she picked peas, I ran around and chased butterflies.

:)

My earliest memory is going to a childcare center while my mom went to a parenting class (I was either 3 or almost 3 years old). They had a big yellow dump truck which I really liked playing with. After my mom was done with the class and they brought us into the classroom we were served red punch, which I really liked but got upset when my mom wouldn't give me seconds!!!

walking to nursery school when i was three

-

Edited by Hales

My daddy pushing me on the swings.....I was a little girl and he pushed me on the swings and called me bud....I felt so free that day...I love swings.....I still sit on them a lot.....it was beautiful. I was about three years old...the sun was shining...we were down at the park...I kept yelling higher, higher! I flew....I smiled...and we laughed.

My parents reading me books. Especially the book about the duck...Quack Quack I Want My Baby Ducky Back....it was awesome....

Going to my sister's house.....her blender blew up but we made milkshakes by hand....and sipped them out of coca-cola glasses....and played her nintendo from when she was a kid. That was so much fun.

My first concert...I dominated that mosh pit.

It's nice to remember good things. :-) Makes me happy.

My first memory is a good one; I'm cimbing trees with my brother and our cats at aged 3.

I remember...being about as tall as my mum's bed, and she was showing me the pictures of when I was in her tummy still. I remember she had long hair still, first and last time I ever saw it that I remember; it was sunny and everything seemed to be glowing with this beautiful, surreal light... It's the only good memory of my mother that I have, really.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0