Welcome new people

Guest crying angel

Guest crying angel

Dear new member

Firstly, I would like to welcome you to Pandora's Aquarium (the Pandy's family). As Shannon says on Welcome to Barbados, it is hard to face up to the pain caused by rape/sexual abuse/sexual assault, and you are brave for coming here. If you're in any doubt about whether you belong here, please read Mistral's excellent post: Who deserves to be here? .

This is a very supportive community, with caring and kind people. You can find something about us all here. This place has helped me in my healing more than anything else. When I came here a few months ago I was full of so much fear, shame, and guilt. Slowly, with the help of everyone here, this is starting to change.

There is nothing that we can't share here - new members are welcome to post as soon as they feel able. There is no question too big or too small. We would all be privileged to help you in your healing, in any way that we can. I am constantly amazed by the generosity and wisdom on display here.

It can be hard to share at the start though - something I found helpful was to respond to the posts of others for a while. I found that the pain of other board members made me aware of my own pain, and helped me to share. If you do want to ask anything, or get support for your situation by starting a new thread though, just jump right in. We'll be happy to help.

I hope to see you around the board

*safe hugs*

CA

Hello new member and welcome.

If you find half of the acceptance, affection and healing here that I have, it will have been worth your while coming.

Perhaps you feel like I did when I first started psoting here, very unsure of whether you have anything to offer or afraid of revealing too much of yourself.

I echo CA; there is nothing that some other people here don't understand.

Please give it a chance.

I know you won't be disappointed, and I look forward to getting to know you

Love

Rachel xxxxxxxxxx

Hello New Member,

Welcome!  I hope you will find Pandora's Aquarium to be as helpful and healing as I have.  Please come here and post often.  

We are glad you are here to heal.  This is a place to help and to be helped.

Mistral

Welcome New Member,

Here you will find caring, understanding, comfort and compassion for the things you have been through. We are like a family here. You will never be judged by what you have said or done.  Always remember, it's not your fault. Please feel free to post anytime, I look forward to meeting you and helping in anyway I can in your healing process.

Take care, and welcome to the family!!!

Dana

Thank you for welcoming me.  I had a hard time at first, but it's reassuring to know I'm not the only one.  I agree with what was said about it helping to reply to others at first.  That's what I did, and with that, and the help of others, I was able to begin my story-FINALLY!  Though I'm not done, but maybe in time.  I feel really good about this, and I honestly have no one else to say thank you to in this world than everyone who's helped me here.  THANK YOU.

Hey !

And up this warm thread goes.

I'm still kinda new here myself, but feel safe here.

There are many strong and gentle people here.

So for the even more new people:

a warm welcome.

Els

Thanks for the welcome. I've talked with a few of you in the chat room, and I really appreciate your support. It's hard to see my words in front of me sometimes, but I'm getting braver.

Nell

(Nell was my grandmother, an awesome strong woman. Nell is my middle name...thus my username)

Welcome new member

First of all ((((Warm and safe hugs))))

I'm sorry that you too have had to come to this board, Even though this board is a wonderful safe place to come I wish it didn't need to be here if you know what i mean.

This board is full of amazing strong women and like Racheal said if you get half the support and encouragement i have recieved it will be worth you coming.

i look forward to seeing you around and hopefully helping you on your healing journey

Welcome new member!

You've just come to one of the most wonderful places in the world.  May you find the love, warmth and acceptance here that I have found -- may you find healing!

Take care,

Shaina

• 4 months later...

Where the heck was I when this thread was started?  lol

Welcome to all the newbies.  :)  I hope that you will find yourself at home here.  :)

(((hugs)))

Laney

• 4 weeks later...

i just joined this past weekend...and i am sooo excited to be here.  i feel like a part of the family already.  i posted my first note after i saw how many people had experienced the pain i suffered, and i was thrilled to see replies.  i was anxious and nervous at first...but i am excited to share my thoughts and help others at the same time.

it is great to be here.  i look forward to talking to everyone.

• 3 months later...

Thankyou, everyone, for the warm welcome.

I’m blessed to have found my way over here. You’ve exposed yourselves for all of us to see, and in doing so...have healed a part of my soul.

This is truly a beautiful place with its caring, beautiful people.

Thankyou for you.

(Edited by Cold at 8:08 am on May 28, 2002)

This thing seems pretty sweet!  I'm glad that they have stuff like this where people actually care about other people's misfortunes and stuff.  I'm glad that I signed up.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i just joined today, this being my first post...not really sure how much im going to be able to say, but someone suggested i try and find a message board similar to this, to maybe try and deal with everything thats happened in my life..

I appreciate the support htat I've gotten so far from sharing my story on this site.  I'm not computer savy and have had a hard time navigatng my way to some areas--I tried to enter the chat room and was unsuccesful--I'd appreciate somet tips.  I've also tried to reply several times to someone and couldn't for some reason.   Anyway...I have difficulty with men, relationships and sex--I'm so numb and dumb in these areas it hurts and angers me--no end!!!!!  I hope to find some solace here and perhaps learn how to better access the site.  Mary

• 8 months later...

Hi, i'm Laura. I'm 16, i'll be 17 in may.

I'm not sure if i'm ready for this....but a friend suggested this message board.

I'm still a little timid about posting a lot...but your message board has already helped me. It feels so good to know that i'm not alone anymore. I've felt so alone my whole life. I'm so glad for this site.

• 6 years later...

Hello, my name is Opehlia.

hope to make friends on here.

Edited by Opheliac

sweet_silver_lining

Thank you for the welcome spot. It seems that there are many nice people here.

• 8 months later...
Musikalgeak

Thanks for the welcome. It's amazing to meet so many people.

I actually heard about this site through a friend in an Incest Survivor's Group.

I was raped by my father when I was 5 and 6 years old and then I was molested by my oldest brother around age 8.

I recently attempted suicide 4 different ways, ending in jumping off a building. I couldn't handle the pain of flashbacks I was having. I was having 4 a day and they were bothering me to the point that I just wanted to end it all the only way I knew how.

I am alive by the grace of God. He is amazing and is healing me in unimaginable ways. He is taking away shame I feel. He is taking away fears. I haven't had suicidal thoughts in 17 days! 17!!!!!!!!

I recently got a restraining order against my father so he can NEVER contact me again. This is huge.

That's all I wanted to say. I hope to meet all of you.

Musikalgeak

Hello, I'm David, 37 and married to a rape victim.

This is my first post and glad that I found this message board. My wife, 31, and I have been together for 9 years and married for 4 years, and just recently revealed that she was repeatedly raped over a period of time at the age of 6 to 8 by her uncle. She suppress this in her mind all her life and no one in her family knew about this. Right now I am so confused and hurt, and don't know what to do to help her out. Hopefully this message board will guide me in the right path.

David

I think it takes a great man to want to help your wife out so much. I was repeatedly raped by my father when I was 5 and 6 so I know what it's like to be betrayed by a family member and hurt at such a young age. I would just like to encourage you to keep being so supportive. Don't force her to talk about it (I hate when people do that). Help her to know that there are people like her and that it wasn't her fault (I used to believe it was my fault and that I deserved it.) Keep it up!

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

I'm glad i found this place, it seems very special :)