5 worst betrayals

Melanie

lonelyuphere

My sister..molested and abused me sexually and mentally for years..Did all kinds of unbearable sick things to me..unimaginable things..

She was the one I adored and loved more then anything and anyone in the whole wide universe in all dimensions..until that day...

blondie2002

*sitting with you* lonely up here. I'm sorry she betrayed you like that.

• 4 weeks later...

My worst betrayal is when I told my now ex baby daddy that I was sexually abused since age 10-15 by a friends grandfather (we both were abused together) And when we had our son together we lived with his parents to save money. But when we would fight, he would scream out "why don't you go suck some old man cock" referring to the abuse I told him about.

The first year I had my son I visited my home town out of province , and while going downtown for the first time and being allowed to go out with friends,( because my ex was very controlling and did not let me go out. All my time was spent with my son while he was out with his friends!) and while out drinking, I decided to walk home and was followed by a man and then raped.

I never dealt with it for years, never told anyone. But after 5 years of being with my ex I told him hoping he would have some sort of brain and understand that when he says those nasty things to me it cuts deeper than he thinks. He actually several months later when I broke up with him , used it again me and told me

"IM GLAD YOU WERE RAPED YOU DESERVED IT & I WIsH THAT FUCKER WOULD HAVE FINISHED YOU OFF "

I will never get those words out of my head

My sister..molested and abused me sexually and mentally for years..Did all kinds of unbearable sick things to me..unimaginable things..

She was the one I adored and loved more then anything and anyone in the whole wide universe in all dimensions..until that day...

• 3 weeks later...

One of my worst was when my "friend" ended up telling me it was all my fault that I got hurt going to her birthday party which I didn't want to miss even though my abuser hated her. Then she MISSED my birthday party for A DATE with her boyfriend that was invitied to my birthday party... And the restaurant he took her to wasn't even good. She barely even apologized. I don't talk to her much anymore.

• 2 months later...

The worse betrayal.... was myself even after i became a adult i didn't have the courage to escape until i was 25 i had attempted suicide on a 3 year circle since i was 7 years old up to 7 years ago. ( i am in a good place now and hadn't contemplated suicide in along time )

I was betrayed by my grandmother when she court my father in bed with me and blamed me at the age of 10 that i seduced him to the family

I felt betrayed at one point by my mother when i was 7 years old i though she know what was going on and didn't stop it.... i hated her for a long time

i didn't know she was being physically and mentally abused by my father and was forced to do things she didn't want to do. she was on many occasions black and blue and cut up when i eventually told her what was happening after a suicide attempt with bleach she divorced my father and had gotten joint custardy of me and my brother. (now me and my mother are best of friends.) she is the only family i have apart from my husbands family.

I feel betrayed by my brother he was abused physically by my father on a almost a daily bases he always took my fathers side and called me a lie that nothing happened to me as a child as i was a daddy's girl.and that all the beating he got he deserved them. years later i had to get a restraining order on my brother because he strangled me when he pined me up against a wall.after a argument with my ex wife

(Hence to say i have disowned him and no longer have a brother) after a comment he said that i was to dangerous to know.

ButterflyLady

My worst betrayal is after I told my last boyfriend what happened to me between the age of 10 and 14, and then what happened with the man right before him, he still went and did the exact same thing to me. Talk about two faced. He said he wanted to help me heal when in reality, he was just using that as a way to finesse his way into my pants as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Cookinggal1991

My stepfather for abusing me he took advantage of the fact my father was not at there and remained that way up until recently.

My father who did not believe me and talked me out of going to court and the police. Also, saying "This doesn't sound right."

My mother beside my father agreeing she kicked out my stepfather for two weeks and then tells me he has to move in or we will be homeless.

My brother tricking me into seeing dad when I was not ready.

My sister for telling the whole family.

My other brother for keep bring it up after my sister told everyone.

My family the rest of them for not seeing if I'm okay at the least the one who know about it.

My fiance because he doesn't understand why I want to move away far far away.

I know that was more than five but hell it needed to come out lol

Edited by Cookinggal1991

Hello Cookinggal1991,

I think that you are very brave for reaching out, I just wanted to clarify that I liked the last sentence of your post and NOT that you have been betrayed.

:metoyou:

Take gentle care

Lucy xx

• 2 months later...

My now ex-husband accused me of sleeping with the guy who raped me, and that our son was really his. And he called me a w**** and went on the call me a liar about being raped. Later on, my now ex-husband raped me during the week of the five year anniversary of my being raped at school.

He didn't get it when I told him he was worse than the guy who raped me at school...

• 3 weeks later...
littlelulu123

My father the man who is responsible for it all that took advantage of me for all those years

that i thought

was to protect me and i was to trust

• 2 years later...
pursuinggrace

adoptive father: CSA 11 years

mother: "how long will we have to suffer for what you went through,"" it could have been worse,"" apparently there is nothing wrong with you"

adoptive sister: "I knew it was happening, I thought you wanted it." I was 9-10

ex husband: rape, physical and emotional abuse

me: self-hatred and sabotage

LionheartedAndrew
7 hours ago, pursuinggrace said:

adoptive father: CSA 11 years

mother: "how long will we have to suffer for what you went through,"" it could have been worse,"" apparently there is nothing wrong with you"

adoptive sister: "I knew it was happening, I thought you wanted it." I was 9-10

ex husband: rape, physical and emotional abuse

me: self-hatred and sabotage

I am so sorry. Who in their right mind says that to anybody, much less a child of 9-10??? And they knew about it and did nothing. I am so very sorry. You deserved tender loving care.

?Andrew

LionheartedAndrew

1) After my first csa, at 5 years old by a teen boy... we were robbed. Within days my mom started beating me for punishment. What would have been a few swats with a belt, became 8-10 lashes with a belt. Not my twin, not my 2 yr younger brother...me. 

2) Around age 7, in a grocery story, mom knocked my head with twin head, I was stunned and fell to the floor head first knocking me out for a few minutes. She left me there while goin down one aisle and coming back up the next...

3) age 15, got beat up by 13 yr old girl same size as me, because I didn't sit with her at a bonfire. Her older sister stopped her from kicking me while I was on the ground.

4) age 17, summer romance who used me to make her ex jealous... totally destroyed what little self esteem I had. 

5) age 20, caught in the act attempting sui at work, while in the Marines a few days after my first adult sa by a female. The Marines did nothing, no help no mental health eval...nothing...

6) groomed by male predator who then sa me 2X . Threatened to falsely out was gay, and then kill me and hide my body so family couldn't bury me.

7) dv/sa by wife, victim shamed by her also.

?Andrew

pursuinggrace

I

13 hours ago, LionheartedAndrew said:

I am so sorry. Who in their right mind says that to anybody, much less a child of 9-10??? And they knew about it and did nothing. I am so very sorry. You deserved tender loving care.

?Andrew

It was cruel to say the least, but I was 18 and she was 26 when she said it to me. I was 9-10 when she lived with us for about a year, she was referring to that time (she was 17-18.) I didn't know how to respond, it was like my brain couldn't register what she was saying, it was like a verification that I was worthless, I thought no one knew or cared, then I found out someone knew and didn't care. :tear:

LionheartedAndrew
3 hours ago, pursuinggrace said:

I

It was cruel to say the least, but I was 18 and she was 26 when she said it to me. I was 9-10 when she lived with us for about a year, she was referring to that time (she was 17-18.) I didn't know how to respond, it was like my brain couldn't register what she was saying, it was like a verification that I was worthless, I thought no one knew or cared, then I found out someone knew and didn't care. :tear:

My goodness...I am so sorry. I would have hugged you and held you tight snuggled in a blanket. And taken you away from those poor excuses for humans. She was as sick as them. I know and I care, my friend, dear and precious friend. :hug:

?????????❤️?????????

?Andrew

LionheartedAndrew
2 hours ago, pursuinggrace said:

I'm sorry @LionheartedAndrew :hug:

After all these years Mom had finally turned a new leaf( well actually 5 years ago). And now that has been deeply stained with the past. I don't know what will happen with that.

Sigh.....

?Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

I have several betrayals, but the one that hurt me most for me, was that of my abuser himself. I had confided in him about my mental health, and he used that to his advantage. He manipulated, brainwashed, and isolated me to the point where I didn't think that I could survive without him.

The other betrayal came from my mother. She makes me feel like I can't talk about what happened and always asks me why I'm still thinking about it, and why I haven't just forgotten about it. 

The last one came from my church, mainly the church ladies who still believe that my abuser is a good guy, and want him to come back to the church, even though my pastor expelled him from coming to church or church activities. 

I was betrayed by the police who wouldn't arrest my abuser due to "lack of evidence". 

LionheartedAndrew

I am so sorry you were betrayed by those who should have your back. :metoyou:

Safe :hug:if okay.

?Andrew

pursuinggrace

@Joaa25 I am sorry you were betrayed by people who should have protected you. I hope that you find support and healing here. :metoyou:

Shadowsong

1) Dad when he started doing the awful things to me

2) Mom when she did not leave Dad, blamed me, pathologized me, locked me up in psych hospitals, screamed at me, kicked me out of the house

3) Brother when he molested me. I could take his beatings. But not that.

4) Ex-fiancee when she let her mother think that I physically abused her and did not let me come back to our apartment for any reason when I had never hurt her.

5) Ex-boyfriend when he raped me, humiliated me and threatened me. 

LionheartedAndrew

• 1 month later...
Guest Parents

I can name a exactly 3 betrayals in my life. 

1. My mother was my very first betrayal and the first person to ever break my heart from the very beginning. When I was 7 my stepfather molested me and when telling my mother she confronted him and after he denied it (naturally) she looked at me and told me "See there you have it, stop lying about such things and how could you?, You're stepfather has done nothing but love you and take care of you when your own father couldn't step up to the plate. So stop spreading lies." I realize now what I didn't realize then that she intact broke me as a person because the 1 person that a child should be able to trust betrayed me.

2. My Stepfather. Now let me just say this man is good. I mean he deserves an award on how good he is. He used my vulnerability with my father and my broken relationship with my mother to groom me. I would remember time and time again when my father missed his weekends to pick me up he would say "don't worry maybe next week he will take you to go get ice cream. OR your mother is just upset with your dad but at the end of the day thats your dad and he loves you no matter what" and at the same time this is the same man who molested me and groomed me damn near my entire life. but I love him because at the end of the day he did put clothes on my back, kept a roof over my head and made sure I ate. So how can I love someone but hate them at the same time?

3. I am currently 25 years old and I can honestly say that I don't even  think my childhood/adulthood was even real. Because I feel like I lived the life they wanted me to live. A life full of lies, betrayals, hidden agendas and just plain old spite. Yes granted my biological father was in and out of my life (which I later found out it was due to being an addict) But its just like I feel betrayed by my father because he wasn't there to protect me. To save me. And yes we've come to form a relationship. It really hurts and irritates me to no end that he has a son now and he will watch his son grow up, graduate high school, prom etc.. when he missed out on all those milestones with me. AND I AM ANGRY! 

Ive never ever written about this ever before and not really sure how this works or if it will even be shown on the thread it just feels good to just write it down. 

-The girl who kept this a secret for over 19 years.