Top 10 Stupidest Comments

Jes

gospel of lilith

An exboyfriend that I told:

Why are you so mad? He was like....doing you a favor.

:hissyfit:

Like I didn't have enough guilt that my body had responded (though I never told him THAT).

From my Mother when she first found out:

"Oh, well, you know we just thought he was a homosexual and would only hurt the boys."

OMG, what planet does she even live on??!

Throught my childhood my mom called me a "whore" and accused me of having AIDS and various STDs and being pregnant. I mean she was accusing me of doing this stuff when I was under 12. She also claimed that she didn't know that my father was abusing me so I asked her why she was always calling me a whore and she said; "Oh I thought you were sleeping with your friend's fathers and brothers."

Um that IS abuse too!

btw I wasn't.

PurposeByDesign

Don't know if this has been posted already but it deserves another post because it is downright F*n IGNORANT and monumentally STUPID!!

"Let's not call it rape...let's call it surprise sex..lol!!"

:gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: HOW IS THAT FUNNY!?!?!! DAFT SWINE!!

Wow, Treasure, that is monumentally daft!! Perhaps the appropriate response would be to give him a swift one to the nuts and shout "Surprise!" ;) See if he reckons it's so funny then! Who bets he's singing a different tune (not to mention a higher one!)?

Another round from my ever tactful Mother:

"Oh, it's all just so common these days. I mean, you hear about it all that time so you know, you just have to get over it."

Right, erm, because obviously the more common it is the less it counts? WTF!

lexi

My first post, so go easy on me...

When I confided my ordeal to a girl whom I (falsely) thought was understanding and wise, she replied, "I know [the perp's name] - I'm sure he wouldn't do something like that."

Well, he did...???

Worst part of it was, she texted me a few days later and interrogated why I was more confused after speaking to her (?!?). To add insult to injury, she says that all of my so-called fellow volunteers (we were volunteering overseas) knew about the details between me and the perp, and that no one wants to have anything to do with me.

I now understand why some of my friends back home are cynical about the self-righteous attitudes of overseas development workers... (sorry to anyone who works in the field - I plan to continue in this field myself...!)

I don't know how to tell my mother about it, for too many reasons.

• 1 month later...

my mom screamed after I told her I was raped:

"How dare you? You have ruined my life! How dare you not tell me sooner!" Later on, after withdrawing from school she says "This is the worst day of my life! How dare you drop out of school? You are a school drop out after everything i have done for you!"

my dad said:

"It is your fault you were raped. You asked for it to happen. The times you said "no" rly mean "yes". "I don't care what helps you cope, for me it helps to just say 'shit happens'." "Get over it already."

my mom then told neighbors, fellow workers, etc. behind my back...next thing i know is my neighbor (best friend's dad) says to me "my daughters wouldnt be taken advantage of because they have high enough self-respect and a self-esteem"

my uncle said "I thought we talked about rape in college? Were you even listening-otherwise this wouldnt have happened"

a friend said "its a blessing in disguise"

now....i dont want to tell anyone. ever. again.

gospel of lilith

Ugh, I just remembered this terrible one while I was writing about being sexually harassed at work.

This boy kept touching my arms and back and freaking the hell out of me, so I told him to stop. Then I told him why, because I got angry and spit it out, and then he goes

'Who would even want to rape you?'

:gaah::rant::hissyfit::tear:

I'm not quite sure what happened after that. I blacked out and came to standing in the bathroom shaking. He avoided me the rest of the night and quit soon after. I am pretty sure one of the bad alters came out.

:oops:

DID: It will kick your freaking ass when I am not looking

• 4 weeks later...

I was 8 when I approached the Pastor's wife for help. She went on a tirade calling me a whore in every way that she could think of and told me that I was going to burn in hell; that I should get down on my knees and pray for forgiveness. I'm still surprised that she didn't call on the congregation to stone me. I've not set foot in a church since. It was almost 40 years before I mentioned it again to anyone.

I have no idea if this will trigger or anything so i guess i should just put a warning just in case.

Two of the best i've heard are firstly, a guy at my work who doesnt know what happened to me (only 2 people do)

said:

"Yeh they call it rape, they want it really though."

And the other one was from the first person i told, i hate saying anything bad about him because he's been great overall, i think he just kind of... forgets sometimes, and will make a stupid comment- such as....

"I think you maybe just need to toughen up a little"

BlueBoystears

A friend of mines boyfriend would yell at her when she would have nightmares at night. There would be a class to help friends and family to understand what is happening to thier love one.

My dad: "These things just happen"

^ Gee thanks, for being so supportive! :rolleyes:

My dad (again): "Why did you let it happen?"

^ I didn`t you you saw me "that" way. :nose:

PurposeByDesign

Nothing....not one word.....DEATHLY SILENCE...oblivion...pretence...its convenient...choice amnesia.

Its been three weeks of that...

But he has been so wonderful as to call me and tell me he thought i was ignoring him (I didn't reply a casual text because i was hurt and confused as to how he couldn't just give me what i wanted (a "I got the letter, thanks for explaining")...)

Oh yea and to ramble for tiiiiiiime about how happy he is these days!

Thanks for the call pumpkin .. ??

:o::angry::(:blink::huh:

MatthewJ123

it didn't really happen... you just want attention. ok yeah right whatever. fuck you

• 1 month later...
Veggie_Girl

After a huge fight with my (now ex) best friend she told everyone in the school,

Liz said he was raped. But she wanted it and liked it.

How SICK is that!? Like wtf??! Ugh, she was a bitch. :angry:

"your rape really stole the thunder of my thirteenth birthday. I never really forgave you for that"

She should have tried it from my side of the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
suzystillindarkness

I love the "friends" who dig for details about my experiences, as if somehow this will help THEM better understand it. Maybe it would, but I doubt it. No one who hasn't endured it can seem to understand how childhood experiences can color and affect your entire life, and your subsequent choices.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to tell my best friend, of 8 years, what happened. I said, "well....I said no, but he didn't listen..."

and she looks at me and goes,

"Yeah, but that's normal!"

....I haven't said anything since.

coldwarrior

"At least, you have no physical marks."

Mmmmh that's truly great ! It is true that my world would have been so much worst with a supplementary scar !

Some people should stay silent.

protectingmychildren

~Did you enjoy it?~ A police officer asked me this one. (I was 12) I know cops ask intrusive questions, but geez.

He is the reason I am still confused about everything.

Zarathustra

Hm, this isn't as bad as some of the others, but I feel it belongs here...

I'd been in a cyber relationship (open and mutually non-exclusive) with this guy (who I've still never met) and he emailed me recently saying he had an opportunity to finally come see me. I wrote back saying that I wasn't interested in a sexual or romantic relationship with him right now because I'd been sexually assaulted. He seemed to accept this in a mature fashion.

The next time we talked, I asked how he was doing. He said "OH, GREAT" very sarcastically, and gave a long list of all his little troubles, ending with "AND YOU JUST BROKE MY HEART." Uh-huh, because it was so very calculated of me to get myself assaulted and become emotionally unavailable and depressed. It was all just to hurt him.

Incidentally, he didn't ask me anything about how I was doing.

I also really hate it when people don't say anything. Or when they say "I don't know what to say." Well, jeez. Sorry for putting you on the spot. It's almost as difficult for you to think of something to say, I'm sure, as it was for me to go through this sh*t in the first place.

Also-- this seems to be very popular with my male friends-- "I'll f*cking kill him! I'll get a chainsaw, and some lighter fluid, and that f*cker will suffer for days!" Somehow more violence is just not what I need to think about now...

Edited by blaueengel

• 9 months later...

After 4 years of being in a relationship with now my ex-boyfriend as of last month, he tells me he didn't know the rape was a big deal to me. The rape happened 4 years ago so he has been there since day 1 and witnessed how it affected me. He's held me at night from nightmares about my rapist, heard me talk constantly about how upset i am about it all. For him to say he didn't know it was a big deal to me was unbelievable. I went to every single court date facing my attacker alone. He always seemed to be too busy with school or work to make it.

blackicetears

People say and do horrible things...here are just a few

~I told my best friend (well i thought she was) about what happened..she was very supportive at the time. A month later she sent me a webpage with an icon she said i would think was funny it said "it's not r*pe, its suprise sex!" ...wtf...honestly? :huh::angry:

~ after telling my aunt who has also been sexually abused: (laughs) what? your kidding right, he wouldn't do that."

~After convincing my aunt he really did she replied: "the best you could do is get over it."

~"It happened a long time ago get over it"

~"Get over it" (I hate this!"

~My T at the hospital I was in, after asking for a female T because he made me uncomfortable "I think it happened a long time ago and you really need to just get over it. I mean honestly you just need to move on, it's not a big deal" 0_0 :huh:

and SO many more including (you should just put this behind you) really....does NO one understand! (outside this board of course

all from a friend last week:

well you are functioning... you go to school and hold a job. what your mom did could not have been that bad

my mom has been mean to me too

i understand exactly where you are

maybe if you told her how you really feel you and your mom could communicate better?

you are overreacting

what does your mom do that is that bad?

at least you are not living with gangrene in africa

well your behavior sort of pushed her away

you can't blame your mom for your DID

It's not real torture unless it's physical...

note to readers: according to the center for victims of torture it was definitely real torture. there is actually such a thing as psychological torture....

needless to say this friend and i are not friends anymore

Edited by raindrop