Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest tkb

Afraid to post?

93 posts in this topic

i'm afraid to post too, i've only posted twice, but maybe now i'll find the courage to post.

((((((((melissa, deadwhispers and sessha)))))))))

Like always, it is sad when someone needs this place, but it's one of the best places I've found to deal with such things.  I've got nothing but support and love from all the members here and I know you'll get the same.

Melissa, I think you have amazing strength to have even raised your daughter.  I don't think I could have ever done that (and I didn't) but I'm sure that she is a wonderful girl and deserves all the love you've given her.  And I'm sure you know that already.  :)  The one thing I'm not sure about is if it's a good idea to NOT tell her what happened.  It just seems to me that children are not taught early enough about assualt and abuse.  Perhaps though, you're right, that it's not a good idea to tell her that SHE came from such a situation but I do hope that you don't hide those situations from her.  Being sheltered is never good.  You are doing so well though, I know that losing your friend and trying to figure out the best way to handle this is wearing down on your endurance, but don't give up.  You love your daughter immensly, I can see that.  And she'll see that.  I wish you good luck and send lots of (((((((safe, comfort hugs))))))

((((((dead whispers))))))))

dealing with it in general is hard, anniversaries can be even harder.  you've made it a year though, and there are plenty of beautiful years to come.  It's okay to not be able to talk about it....though life is a little lighter load to carry once you do.  Good luck darling and welcome to pandy's.  :)

Sessha  (((((hugs))))  I hope you're finding it easier to post and to get to know us.  When I'm not drowning in work and school issues I'll be around more often to get to know you too.  :)

I think it's easier to chat than to post. Because when ur done in chat, the post is gone - but if u post it on the forum, u hafta see what u said all the time.

I think a lot of the fear to post comes from not knowing where or how to start, at least for me it does.

Working on posting. As soon as I figure out a way to explain how I feel I will try to post more.

Posting can be a HUGE challenge sometimes for me

i don't want people to think i'm

crazy
a freak
stupid
lonely
etc
etc
etc

and sometimes my problems are such that i won't post under my name but i get a MOD to make my post for me when it's not safe for me to post but i'm desperate and afraid so they help me out

I've posted here a lot because frankly, I need to. But I still have this constant fear that my abusers (namely my birth family) will figure out how to find me here. They stalked me online earlier this year and told my ex they're going to come after me with lawyers after I confronted them and then disclosed the abuse to the rest of the family. So as always I'm feeling like I have to walk around with my head constantly over my shoulder, paranoid :(

I have been scared stiff to post but trying to post more these days. I still run into thinking that people will think poorly of me..you know judge me and all or invalidate me. THat feels awful. Not to mention I odn't want to offend someone else or say the wrong thing to make anybody angry with me. And besides who am I anyway to offer any kind of advice or words of wisdom when I can't even find it for myself. I am having problems with posting but did post some things that were more intense and tried to write my story...but I had to stop...but today I wrote a little more and I am so afraid that others are just going to blame me for what happened and then that would only make what I feel be true...even my writings...my poetry I am struggling with sharing. I took some of them down as I got afraid of what others might think about me...it is the intimacy issue and then afraid that someone will steal them...I always being robbed feels li ke...but tonight i posted a few writings...because i know a couple survivors have said it was helpful. And i do want to help another. So many posts I still can't read...there are too many T * for me...but i am trying my best to reply to others. Sometimes I feel like my family or even the perps. would find out I was here. It's all crazy.

I read all six pages of previous posts...trying to discern why it's so hard for me to be here, but why I am drawn 2 or 3 times a day here....I've spent a life time trying to be strong...cause if I was stronger nothing would of happened...No one will hurt me again, because no one, no one will ever,ever, ever, get close to me. So for now, I mostly read...so much of what you my dear sisters and brothers are saying and experiecning articulates what I won't let my self say or feel...yet...sometimes I feel bad cause I can't say something supportive or just don't know what to say...and I don't want to ever hurt somebody, especially someone here who has already been hurt so cruelly. For now...is it okay just to read...-v

a reason why i have been afraid to post has also been because i am afraid that someone who was there the night that this happened to me, would recognize me. im not sure what they would do exactly. im just very very hesitant, and feel very scared to trust.

Im afraid to post as well, it's scary to do it.. i have so many topics, and questions with those topics, i could post. and a need to reach out. but i feel my beliefes, and how i act and stuff, would be considered weird. what i like would be weird, what i do would be weird. and so on. i feel small.. and sometimes unnoticed on such large forum too.. i always attribute that to me being small, but i think it's for alot of reasons. im abit avoidant of things even online. (much more so offline). so it's hard to post here. i only do it in creativity mostly. but im slowly trying to say more.

today is my first day on here.. and before my first post i was just staring at the screen afriad to write anything down and then i realized that no one is here to judge and that the more i write the more support i will get and its been truly therapeutic.. ive already posted like 6 times.. its like i can't stop writing and reading its addictive and in a good way because i'm finally letting it out and talking about it for the first time and to complete strangers at that.. and ive never felt better.. thank you to everyone on these message boards for you support and kind words and for those of you afraid to post... everyone here was afriad to make their first posts its normal but just know that once you do all you will recieve is love support and kind words in return.

[quote name='valdez' post='427466' date='Mar 5 2007, 08:31 AM']and I don't want to ever hurt somebody, especially someone here who has already been hurt so cruelly.[/quote]

I worry about this. If you compare the "Top 10 Stupidest Comments" thread with the "Kind words" threads, it's obvious that what one person finds comforting, cuts another to the core. :blink: Obviously this fear doesn't silence me, but it's a scary thing, connecting with wounded people, even if you have been wounded in a similar way yourself. It can be like dealing with a burn victim when you don't know how deep the damage goes - touching them is the only way to help them, but your touch will probably hurt. :tear:

I guess I get past that fear with the knowledge that, although all relationships can and do cause some pain - not because of abuse, but because even the most supportive friends are tired and snappish or otherwise out of tune with each other sometimes - most people manage to heal from SA through relationships anyhow. :eyebrow: And it seems to me that often relationships are necessary for healing. And I know when I post, I hope someone will reach out to me, so I figure other posters hope for the same. ;)

But there's no obligation to post; people also post here to be heard, and that hearing is a supportive act, too. :) Not posting is only sad when someone wants to post, but can't bring themselves to do it. :(

Sheryl

[quote name='Shalom' post='773162' date='Aug 28 2008, 12:01 PM'][quote name='valdez' post='427466' date='Mar 5 2007, 08:31 AM']and I don't want to ever hurt somebody, especially someone here who has already been hurt so cruelly.[/quote]

I worry about this. If you compare the "Top 10 Stupidest Comments" thread with the "Kind words" threads, it's obvious that what one person finds comforting, cuts another to the core. :blink: Obviously this fear doesn't silence me, but it's a scary thing, connecting with wounded people, even if you have been wounded in a similar way yourself. It can be like dealing with a burn victim when you don't know how deep the damage goes - touching them is the only way to help them, but your touch will probably hurt. :tear:
[/quote]

I struggle with this too, Sheryl. I wonder sometimes, if what I think may be said to someone to be supportive, will be viewed and harmful to others. However, when this fear keeps me from responding to others, I try to remind myself that everything I say here is said with the intention to help - not harm.

Sometimes, just knowing that we have good intentions when we set out is one of the most important things. Because when it boils down to it, we are genuinely just trying to help.

:)

I have had a really hard time starting a topic about myself. I guess I dont think my abuse was as bad as what some other people here. Also a few yrs ago I wrote down everything I could remember about my abuse. It was very hard I guess Im just not ready to go back into all that, even though it helped me sooo much and I know that it would help again if I share here. I dont have a problem replying to others. I hope I am helping. I have gotten a few thank yous from people saying I really helped. Of course no ones the same I hope Im not offending anyone if I am Im sorry. I dont know I guess im just not ready to post too much about what happened to me.

Much Love
Kathryn

Thank you for this thread! I just joined recently, and went into the introductions section. All of a sudden i clammed up and freaked out and just couldn't say anything about myself or anything I've experienced. Not even a simple hi to everyone. This thread makes me feel more at ease to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I think this thread is a great idea to, i'm really nervous abouting posting sometimes, it took me a while to post in the introductions section to but this is a little confidence boost or something like that i guess :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0