Panic Attacks

56 posts in this topic

Thanks!

Thanks for this. Used to get 'mild' panic attacks just with breathing difficulties but since confronting things a couple of weeks ago, got the full on shakes, sickness, whirring thought thing described, almost all the time. Good to know what it is, and what helps

Thanks for this. Used to get 'mild' panic attacks just with breathing difficulties but since confronting things a couple of weeks ago, got the full on shakes, sickness, whirring thought thing described, almost all the time. Good to know what it is, and what helps

I am so sorry Q :( I hope they get better! I hated getting them, the worst out of control feeling ever. Sending you lots of love and support!

Light and healing be with you!!

~E

1 person likes this

I was diagnosed with thyroid disorder a few years ago. Realizing now these heart palpitations are not thyroid related. I have been having symptoms of chronic shock for months. Waking up suddenly and reliving what happened when I sleep. I am reading a book by Karen Duncan titled ,"Healing from the drama of childhood sexual abuse: A journey for women" and it has helped me realize its time to come forward and let it go. As soon as I get the strength to do it, I will.

I've been having this problem when I start thinking about going to sleep, really worry I'm having a heart attack, feel like my heart is not only racing but also as though its beating super hard, I feel sick, and have tingling.

I can't lay with arms raised to try breathing i get flashbacks which then makes my mind work overtime and then makes it worse weep.gif

So far I have found the best thing to be sitting slightly upright in bed cuddling a hot water bottle, I concentrate on the warmth and eventually fall asleep like this.

Thanks for this topic tho, really helps to know I'm not going mad thumbup.gif

rose13,

I am glad you have found some good strategies for coping. It is so important to find what works for each individual person and use that. I hope these strategies continue to work for you. And rest assured, you most definitely are not going mad...unfortunately these feelings are entirely too common in the world.

I admit, I had a full blown panic attack the other day but nowhere near as long as before. I get the short little shocks in my heart, abdomen, where your heart hitches and you can't breath...sometimes it physically hurts and I have to stop what I'm doing. Other times its just my heart beating so wildly that I fear it will break free on my rib cage, it feels so unequivically wrong. It's more of a constant thing now instead of the all consuming panic that it was before. Although it is less severe in that way, its chronic nature wears me down. Everyone knows I am different. My mother is pushing for medication again, and I know I need it. But I hate to be under the influence of drugs like that (again). They change you so much. I guess there comes a point in our lives where we have to surrender to that need to change because where we are is in no way healthy for us. I have learned this constant state of not caring with alternating periods of true fear, sadness, and utter despair are not the norm and thus should be fixed. I just...I guess I have to find out what all it is, But I'm tired of fighting it, of trying new medications, of being this...lump of a person where I never used to be like this. My mother just told me today that she hasn't seen me engaging in a conversation, laughing and talking like I had in a long time. I had taken one of my brother's Adderalls. But the drop afterwards was not good. Anyway, I ramble. Suffice it to say, I find this forum entry to be helpful. Thank you ♥

~E