1stormygirl

A 12 step program for survivors of incest and sexual abuse!

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In my late 20'S I became an addict. Using methamphetamine to self medicate and mask the feelings of my already numbness.

I joined the rooms of narcotics anonymous in my late 30's. I became very active in the program and found a new way to live. I stayed clean for nearly 4 years before I became complacent because I could not related to the step working guide because my bottom was much different than the majority of folks in the rooms. I never sold my self for drugs I never lost my kids because of drugs and I never was arrested for drugs or any other reason. I didn't steal from people to get my fix. I didn't lose my house or vehicle because of drugs. I was a highly functioning addict. 

My sponsor tried different ways to work with me to help it apply to my experiences. But it didn't make any difference because my addiction masked my pain from my childhood abuse. My addiction didn't run my life. I just self medicated to mask the effects of the abuse I endured as a child. 

So I continued to search for more methods that would get closer to what I needed to heal my specific imperfections.

I hope it's OK that I share what I found on this forum.

It's a 12 step program online for victims of child sexual abuse that is formatted / mirrored to the narcotics anonymous program! 

Imy so excited to venture into this new resource!

It also has resources to start your own meetings in your community!

Please visit

Www.siawso.org

And 

Www.ascasupport.org

And any feed back or knowledge of these resources would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Cindy

Edited by 1stormygirl
1 person likes this

Cindy,

I am very sorry that you were abused in this way. But I am very glad you found support here and with the 12-steps.

I also found a 12-step program that has changed my life, Adult Children of Alcoholics (www,adultchildren.org). This program focus on the effects that growing up in addictive, dysfunctional, and abusive households had on us as children, and how it affects us as adults.

Keep going to your program, it will be hard at times, and there will be days you want to quit. But the program works, if you work it. So work it, because you are worth it.

1 person likes this