visual art

Jesse

I find it interesting that there's a subforum in the survivor creativity section for writing, but not for visual art.   I would love to have a way to selectively search out visual art posts, but that's very difficult to do with the current forum structure.  The only way to guess what might be visual art, is if the author of the thread happens to specify that in the title.  

I wonder if there might be some way to facilitate this?  The ideas I can think of so far are:

- a subforum devoted to visual art

- some sort of flag that indicates that there are image attachments in the thread

... would be curious if others on pandys would also value this?  And/or have other ideas about how it could be implemented?

underthestars

I would definitely value a visual art subforum. I've found myself doing the exact same thing, searching through lots of posts in that section for members' art, so think that would be a really good idea if possible. 

Hey all,

We have a Gallery you can post in as long as the art work follows board guidelines. You can find it here. We really don't see a reason to duplicate this at this time.

Take care,

Susan

huh.  Ok.  I see.  It seems a bit removed from the forum.... which is a bit disappointing, but I guess I can see how it would fulfill the same function I'm talking about.  

Are there ways to "follow" someone's gallery in a similar way to being able to follow topics? (to get updates?)

It is essentially a forum by itself. When the upgrade is completed we hope to have it listed once again in the header next blogs/chat for easier access. You can follow by going to the post that interests you or the member's profile and selecting "albums" to follow. :) 

I get what Prism means as the art is creative like writing is. A general gallery it just gets lost really. Suppose art feels a little let out with there being  general creativity spot and a writers place, but no artist place.

I understand and am sorry any one feels badly about art being "left out" of the survivor's creativity forum but the Gallery was formed exactly for this purpose. It is your space to use as desired as long as any art work falls within our guidelines - just like writing. You can create your own album or post randomly instead if you like. Paintings, coloring, tattoos, photo's and more are all there. Videos are not allowed without a board moderators approval. We believe this a perfect place to highlight individual works of art. 

Take care,

Susan

• 4 weeks later...

I've been posting selected pieces of my art in my gallery for the readings Susan listed.  I group some of them by category as well because then it also allows me to keep them much like a blog.  Additionally I can even put some meaningful detail about the art, and that brings value to those looking at the pieces with respect to me and my healing journey.  It also allows for others to give me feedback.  It's really rather unique.

Patricia