Kitestring

~Lily

I'm not 100% sure where to share this, so if I've put it in the wrong forum please do feel free to move it =)

I came across this today and I thought that it might be useful for some of us. It's a free SMS based service (though it can be upgraded if the other plan suits you better) that provides a level of safety when out and about. Basically, you set a time and let it know where you're going and if you don't check in within 5mins. of the text it sends you then it'll send a text to your emergency contact asking them to ring you.

I have nothing to do with this org. and I don't mean for this to sound like an advertisement at all, I just know that even the thought of having access to this service leaves me feeling a lot safer and I really hope that this or something like this can help others feel safe too.

So, yeah, here's the link - https://www.kitestring.io/faq and more info. about it and I really do hope this can potentially help some of you in feeling a little safer =)

Lily x

Thanks for sharing this Lily I think a lot of members will find it helpful.

Sadie

Thanks a lot Lily. I think this is a great idea!

niita

So glad that this really could prove helpful to others =)

Nita, it really is such a great idea isn't it?! Even if I never really use it, just knowing it's there helps me feel so much safer, knowing I can just send a message out for help if I need to and no-one will ever really know. I've spent a bit of time messing with it and know it a bit better now. Realised you can customise the messages it sends out so if you save the number in your phone as a name and have it send a harmless text like 'Do you wanna watch a movie tonight?' so even if someone else does get hold of your phone they'd never know what it is at all. I also really love the fact that it's all SMS based. I don't have a big fancy smart phone so even though I've seen similar things available on apps it's never been something I could access before and just so glad I have that option now!

I think I really have fallen in love with this, haha!

Lily x

Archived