Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Question about password-protected forums

8 posts in this topic

I just made a few posts in the women's forum. I then went to my profile in recent posts and I could see what I had said. So does this mean any member can see it, including males? I thought it would say private or something but it didn't.

I don't have a definite answer for you, but I think only people who have access to the women's board would be able to see those posts from your profile. You will always be able to see your posts and topics on your profile page.

okay, thanks for the reply

You saw your posts and others from that forum b/c you have access to that forum and have put in the password to your computer

I have never seen a post in a forum I don't have access to. In the list of new posts, it's as if nobody ever posts in those forums.

You saw your posts and others from that forum b/c you have access to that forum and have put in the password to your computer

I just looked again and I couldn't see my posts because I hadn't logged in to that forum. Good to know, thanks everyone.

I just logged in, went to your profile, checked your Posts, and no Womens Forum posts were listed. I think you're safe.

Exactly - you can see the posts because they are your posts and you have access to that forum. Other members who have logged into the Women's forum recently (and are still logged in) will see your posts in their feed too, just like you do. However, embers who do not have the password to the Women's Forum, and therefore have not logged in, will not see your posts in their feeds.

Hope that helps!

1 person likes this