luvsnow

Icons missing in member list

8 posts in this topic

Hi.

I only have one icon showing in the member list (for content). How do I get the icons for emailing and private messaging?

Thanks.

Hi luvsnow,

You won't be able to view others email addresses because we believe it's safer for everyone to remain anonymous and use the personal message system to contact each other. To send a personal message - you can click on the icon under the members avatar or go to your control panel, click on send a new message....go from there.

Take care,

Susan

Thanks for responding, but I'm not sure I phrased my question right. If you click on the Members box to get the alphabetical listing of people, to the right of each name are little boxes to click on so you can send email, PM, read content, or whatever. Mine only has one box for content and everyone else has three to five boxes, depending on what they allow others to do. I would like to have the PM and email box on mine also.

Hi luvsnow,

I see, Sorry for misunderstanding. Others will see those boxes under your name but our software doesn't allow you to view them. Please know you do have access to the PM system. :)

Take care,

Susan

Hi Luvsnow,

Yep, just to echo Susan it's because the board software seems to think it would be silly to want to PM yourself, so it doesn't let you. Which is silly in and of itself because I often email myself things I want to keep, and who is the board to decide that I can't do that via PM if I want to? tongue.png But yeah, that's why you can't see those icons. Other people can see them though - I can when I look at your profile.

Take good care,

Kate

Kate!

You PM yourself too? haha, I thought I was the only one who did that. The board is very silly to decide we can't PM ourselves! ;)

You guys are funny. Thanks for the info.

Ha! I pm myself too. Just catching up on this. One bad thing is that I discovered that my email system seems to delete drafts every so often, so I've lost all of the drafts I wrote to myself! What was I thinking? I'll never know.

take care,

Acandle.gif