Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darkhowl

What "share this post" means?

4 posts in this topic

Hi!

I wonder why every thread, in the end, has the "Share this topic" option, followed by the icons of Twitter, Facebook etc. Aren't the posts private? What about the options "download this post" and "email this post"?

Thank you and I wish a good week to everybody

Edited by darkhowl

Hi darkhowl,

These are features of our board software that we can't remove. However, any post you make on the board that is not in a Public Forum - (where anyone could read it by logging on to our site anyway) - will remain private even if you decide to "share it" unless you "share it" with another member. Any non-members attempting to view posts from say FaceBook will not be able to unless they're logged into an account or the post has been made in a Public Forum. All of the Public forums are clearly marked so in their titles.

In our board guidelines we request members do not share the content of this site with people outside of here. I hope this answers your question. :)

Take care,

Susan

Hi darkhowl,

These are features of our board software that we can't remove. However, any post you make on the board that is not in a Public Forum - (where anyone could read it by logging on to our site anyway) - will remain private even if you decide to "share it" unless you "share it" with another member. Any non-members attempting to view posts from say FaceBook will not be able to unless they're logged into an account or the post has been made in a Public Forum. All of the Public forums are clearly marked so in their titles.

In our board guidelines we request members do not share the content of this site with people outside of here. I hope this answers your question. :)/>

Take care,

Susan

Thank you very much, Susan.

All the best

Hi darkhowl,

You're very welcome! smile.gif

Take care,

Susan