Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brunhilda40

chat room for secondarys and surviors allowed

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I joined in May and just really become active over the last month. It would be so nice to have a chat room that I could go to as a secondary. One that would be open to both secondaries and survivors. Is there a reason this does not exist?

also I am a lesbian and the resources for LGBT are not available to me. I am getting lots of support on the boards, but again it would be nice to have access to some kind of forum for my situation with my partner.

Thanks for hearing me!

Brunhilda40

Hi brunhilda,

We only have two chat rooms available and while it would be nice to be able to provide other resources it's simply too costly. Our main focus is also for survivors here which is why secondaries are limited in which forums they can participate. Survivors need to feel safe posting. If secondaries have access to their posts or can enter chat then many would once again be silenced. This is something we try to avoid. There are many other sites available for secondary supporters and for those needing LGBT resources. I hope you can find the additional support you're in need of on one of these sites.

Take care,

Susan

how to get chat room to work on my cell phone. I was told I needed java to enter the chat room. When I talked to people in the chat room they all told me they use their phones and didn't have to add an app. I can get on through my land computer but not my cell phone. Every time I enter chat it goes to a white page with a little blue square in the middle and says to enter chat. I hit it and it sends me to a page that is written in red letters. It first says if you are in crises please contact..... I've tried all of the icons and even got to a sign in page. Everything takes me back to the page with red letters. Also the people in chat said they don't know what that red page is. If you could help me I would greatly appreciate it. Also I have a Android LG. Thanks, Colleen

Hey Colleen,

When you see the red writing talking about crisis etc, that is the welcome room for chat. Just like on your computer you'll need to double click on general chat or healing chat depending on which room you want to enter. On larger screens these rooms are listed on the right hand side - I'm not sure what it looks like on a phone as I don't access the board/chat on one. Hope this helps! smile.png

Take care,

Susan