Susan

Attention all chatters: Please read this notice! Thank you!

32 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

We'd like to take a moment to address an important issue that has come to our attention. We've recently learned that some chatters are not treating our staff members with respect and compassion.

The chat room is an important part of Pandy's and it takes a huge amount of time and effort to keep it running. Chat Mods and Chatterators volunteer many hours every day, just to make sure that the chat room is working and that everyone is safe. These volunteers are survivors, just like you, and they deserve respect, just like you.

Our chat staff volunteer their time in the chat room, but they also use the chat room for support for their own healing issues. Please keep that in mind when you are tempted to make a joke about the presence of chat mods in the room or simply choose to ignore them.

We believe most of you can understand how disheartening it would be to enter a room where you volunteer your time every single day and to be greeted by unwelcoming comments or treated disrespectfully particularly when you were wanting to come into the room and talk about your own healing issues the very same way every other chatter has a right to do.

Our chat guidelines include a zero-tolerance policy for disrespect to our staff, and this will be enforced for any jokes or comments that disrespect our staff members. Any chatters violating this guideline will be suspended for a period of one week and will be required to re-apply for access to the chat room. Of course, if you have legitimate questions about the chat room or the chat mod role, it is perfectly find to ask a staff member for clarification or assistance. If you ever have any questions or concerns about the chat room, please contact our Chatterator, Sasha or any Board Moderator and they will be happy to help.

Our staff are here to support you and to help ensure that the chat room is a safe place for all survivors--and this includes them. We all do our very best to make Pandy's the great place that it is!

We do want to thank all of our Chat Mods and Chatterator who share their free time with all of us and who do an amazing job running our chat room. Your efforts are not unnoticed! We'd also like to extend a huge thank-you to all of our members and chatters out there who support us and who help contribute to this community and who make the chat room a positive place to be!

The Moderating Team

1 person likes this

Hi Susan/CM's! :)

Thanks for posting this, I think it is very important to highlight this from time to time. As a ex-CM I know how upsetting it can be to be treated in this way, mods are just the same as everyone else, and they deserve to be supported and respected.

CM's you do a amazing job at keeping Chat the weird and wonderful place that I love. I know how hard it can be at times and how much effort you all put in to keep Chat running along smoothly. Keep up the amazing work, thank you so much for your dedication!

:hug:

Hayley

x

1 person likes this

hey

thanks for the reminder susan.

yep everyone deserves respect and support....and time for healing. i havent been in chat for a while but i no i felt safe when i have been in before and without the mods ther i wouldnt hav felt like that.

thankyou for all you do and all the time. and effort you all put in. we are all here for each other xx :hug:/>

Edited by starq

I'm sorry to hear that some members are not treating the staff with respect and gratefulness --you guys are awesome not only for who you are, but what you do to help us all, for maintaining this site as a safe and comforting place to be. Thank you so much, and i hope you remember that there are a lot of us that truly appreciate what you're doing, the time you put in... it's truly a gift without price.

:wub:

This site has helped me so much. You guys have helped me so much. Thank you!!!

Cara

I'm very rarely in Pandy's chat, but I just wanted to say a big thank-you to chat mods for the work you guys do. You all deserve to be treated with respect and compassion, and you help keep PA as the wonderful community it is!

:metoyou::yahoo::yay::rainbow::tealribbon::rainbow::yay::yahoo::metoyou:

THANK YOU! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

:metoyou::yahoo::yay::rainbow::tealribbon::rainbow::yay::yahoo::metoyou:

1 person likes this

Couldn't agree more. The chat mods do a wonderful job and I think it is too easy to see them in chat and not thank them for the work they do.

Thanks to all of you who work hard to help others feel safe.

~Tia~

I agree. This breaks my heart when I see announcements like this. Everyone here is awesome, and deserves respect.

I would like to say that I have been a member for years and chat mods have always made me feel even more comfortable when entering chat. Granted I havent really participated in chat in recent months but you all have and always will be greatly appreciated in my eyes. Thank you for all that you do and I am always here to talk to for anyone who needs it.

:metoyou:

:hug:

I've been in chat a lot the past year or so and relied on the wonderful chat mods so much, thank you so much for all of your hard work and I sincerely hope I've never caused you any disrespect.

:metoyou: and :hug: s for you all (and those that want them).

Lily x

I have never been in chat (I've been recovering from hand surgeries and can't type much) but I just want to say I'm sorry. I am shocked that anyone here would treat another with disrespect and it saddens me to see this. Thank you for volunteering your time for the benefit of others and I pray that this doesn't happen again.

Hi all,

I have so often depended on the kindness of strangers and for those people I will always be thankful. I will always be thankful and greatfull to and for our chatmods. You all do such a wonderful job. Pandys would not be the same with out you all here, caring for us all and keeping an eye on the chat. Chatmods I know you all give your time to us out of the goodness of your hearts and I am thankful. I have read this post a few times and something hit me. Us chatters should say thank you so much more than we do. I do not know what the issue was to cause Pandys to add this post however I will hold my hand up and admit that there are times I am not perfect and if I have caused hurt to anyone here I can only say that I am so truly sorry. I am in awe of all the people that give their time to us members here.

:metoyou:/> x 100

I am thankful for you all.

Pink xoxo

Mods and all the other volunteers here are wonderful. I'm sorry to hear that some of you have not been treated well. I wish you well and appreciate the valuable work you do. Were it not for Pandy's, I think i would be a total mess. As I started work in t, Pandy's mods were invaluable in providing support and helping me understanding what was happening. You have been patient and supportive. You are wonderful folks.

I have always been treated with the upmost respect from the Mods in Chat, and I know how much work they put into this site.

I hope people using the chat understand that everyone on here including the mods need respect.

Personally, chat is too hard for me to navigate because of my own vision issues so I rarely use it. But the chat mods are there, providing tender care to the survivors that use it for real time talk, keeping the area safe for ALL survivors, mods included. Awesome job, guys.

Hello i just want to say that i've read your post Susan and The Moderating Team.

I hope i've never hurt anyone in the chat room and this includes Chat Mods if i did in anyway i'd like to say this was not my will and i do apologize for this. Sometimes it's not a simple job you do to try to keep the chat safe for everybody so it's my turn to say to all of you and all the members that i've talked to in the chatroom thank you so much because you make the difference.

Hi everyone,

We'd like to take a moment to address an important issue that has come to our attention. We've recently learned that some chatters are not treating our staff members with respect and compassion.

The chat room is an important part of Pandy's and it takes a huge amount of time and effort to keep it running. Chat Mods and Chatterators volunteer many hours every day, just to make sure that the chat room is working and that everyone is safe. These volunteers are survivors, just like you, and they deserve respect, just like you.

Our chat staff volunteer their time in the chat room, but they also use the chat room for support for their own healing issues. Please keep that in mind when you are tempted to make a joke about the presence of chat mods in the room or simply choose to ignore them.

We believe most of you can understand how disheartening it would be to enter a room where you volunteer your time every single day and to be greeted by unwelcoming comments or treated disrespectfully particularly when you were wanting to come into the room and talk about your own healing issues the very same way every other chatter has a right to do.

Our chat guidelines include a zero-tolerance policy for disrespect to our staff, and this will be enforced for any jokes or comments that disrespect our staff members. Any chatters violating this guideline will be suspended for a period of one week and will be required to re-apply for access to the chat room. Of course, if you have legitimate questions about the chat room or the chat mod role, it is perfectly find to ask a staff member for clarification or assistance. If you ever have any questions or concerns about the chat room, please contact our Chatterator, Sasha or any Board Moderator and they will be happy to help.

Our staff are here to support you and to help ensure that the chat room is a safe place for all survivors--and this includes them. We all do our very best to make Pandy's the great place that it is!

We do want to thank all of our Chat Mods and Chatterator who share their free time with all of us and who do an amazing job running our chat room. Your efforts are not unnoticed! We'd also like to extend a huge thank-you to all of our members and chatters out there who support us and who help contribute to this community and who make the chat room a positive place to be!

The Moderating Team

I just wanted to take a moment and thank all of the volunteer on this site. Your efforts are appreciated. :hug:

Thanks to all who have responded here and all the others who have read this announcement. It's heartening to see the care and support for our much valued staff without whom there would be no chat available. :hi5:/>

The Moderators are all wonderful Susan. This place is too. I dare say the best site online.

The Chat Mods are so important to all of us who use Pandy's chat. I'm very grateful for all of their help and hard work.

I'm sorry this announcement was needed.

:metoyou:

I'm rarely in chat, but I'm so thankful for all of the chat mods and staff here at Pandy's. Your dedication and caring is incredible. Thank you for helping make this community wonderful! :metoyou:

Thank you for all your support we really do appreciate it. We do try to keep the chat room safe for everyone and a lot of work goes on behind scenes that most chatters don't see.

you're very welcome. I would also like to say thank you to the chatterators and chatmods, for helping me navigate chat when I finally received fast enough internet to chat.

Thank you, Mods, for your time, energy, and attention.

I'm truly sad that an announcement like this is even necessary.

Moderating - be it on a forum or chat - is a *volunteer* position. Those of us who moderate do NOT get paid to do what we do. We do it because we believe in the integrity and spirit of Pandy's, and sometimes because we're paying forward the amazing support we've received from other mods that has helped us in our healing journeys.

For me, being a section mod is an honor and a privilege. For that reason, I work hard to ensure everyone feels safe in the section I moderate and everyone feels welcome to have a voice. I don't think it's overreaching to say that the chat mods feel the same way...

... and as Susan stated, mods are survivors, too. We have our days when we feel vulnerable, shaken, triggered, in despair, etc., even when we've come a long way. We ALSO deserve to feel safe.

I hope Susan's announcement can help members remember these things as they enter the chat rooms. Our chat mods take good care of you - please extend the same courtesy and care to them that you receive!

2 people like this

Not sure why anyone would be disrespectful to the mods, as you guys are awesome.

1 person likes this