MandyC

missing posts

9 posts in this topic

Pandys was down last night. Now a lot of posts/statuses from the last few days are missing. Not just mine either?? Is it just me or are they gone :bawling:/>

Hi Mandy,

I haven't noticed any missing posts but it's certainly possible some may have vanished. If you're missing some then they are gone for good. There's no way we can restore status updates or posts. :hug:/>

Take care,

Susan

Oh no! There are a lot. And some were very difficult to write.

MandyC,

I'm so sorry. I know how horrible it feels. It appears to me that all posts made yesterday are gone. Sitting with you, if okay.

Jayla

The same thing happened to my post last night; first it was there, then gone, it was an anniversary post....even this morning for a while I couldn't sign on to Pandys at all....

I made a post on the Help desk forum...any details about what happened, what the time frame was?

so we can't get anything back?

:blink:/>/> :down:/>/> :cry:/>/>

sorry for your losses, MandyC, and everyone else's....I could use a hug...

ArielM

:candle:/> :tealribbon:/>

wrote lots of stuff - all gone...

Hey

Yeah all yesterdays things ... sory yu al lost what you had rote to... It is hard when yu have put everything into it..wether its a post or reply. things like this happen tho. From time to time thers not alot can be done abowt it unfortunately.. Xx :hug:

Edited by starq

Hey guys,

Unfortunately things have been lost. The danger with online message boards! I would always suggest that if you are writing something you particularly want to keep, keep a record of it. Save it in a word doc, email a copy of it to yourself, whatever works for you. I lost a whole lot of posts and messages yesterday too. Our server crashed and there isn't anything we can do it about, I'm afraid. I understand that's frustrating, and I wish we could do more but unfortunately we cannot.

Take care,

Kate

Hi everyone,

It is very disappointing to lose posts you've spent a lot of time/energy in replying but there's no way we see an event like this coming or prevent it. As Kate mentioned above the best thing to do if you're afraid of losing something is to back it up by saving it to word or emailing a copy to yourself. I like that one. Hadn't thought of that! ;)

Hopefully this won't happen again for a long time!

Susan