sheep_girl

New emoticon request

23 posts in this topic

Dear Pandys. I know this is not really a big deal, but a few of us have been wishing for a couple new emoticons, as these are thoughts we like to pass out so much. We've been typing them as we would some of the others, like so:

:blanket::cuppa:

Any chance you could get them filled in for us? If it involves buying an image, I would pay. I think you have a thingy for direct donations? Here are nice images I've found:

blanket_by_qchiapetp.gif

Link to blanket creator

th_coffee.gif

Got this from photobucket. There's a nice animated version, too, although I don't know that's necessary if it's too heavy in resources.

Anyway, I thought I'd ask.

those are cool, but I think we might have met the qouta for emoticons. I hope not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Hi Sheepy,

Thanks for bringing this up with us. We added new emoticons not long ago but will discuss these new ones as soon as we can. There is no charge. You're sweet to offer though! :) Animated emoticons and avatars are not allowed as they tend to slow the board down. They can also be disturbing to some members. You can check back here for an answer in a few days.

Take care,

Susan

Thanks, Susan. We appreciate the consideration.

Sheepy

I was wondering the same thing. Any chance we could get a balloon? (I have an idea:))

Hey Angelsun, we actually do have a balloon already

Hey Angelsun, we actually do have a balloon already

Silly me! I was looking for a different kind and didn't see it right before my eyes!

Thanks

Okay, I've added a blanket and a cuppa emoticon :)

:cuppa::blanket:

Thank you it will get well used in the JOY forum l am sure.

doh.gif Now all l need is for them to be on the first page so l don't have to click show all before l get to them... rolleyes.gif

oops.gif Is that asking too much huh.gif l am guessing there is nothing like the present time to ask tongue.gif

tea%20smilie.gif from 1249

You want to know something odd the new tea%20smilie.gif emotion does not come with my friends />

thanks pandy admins for adding them, love the green, hearty guy :)

Thanks Kate, those are awesome!

Just curious, can there be different colored balloons added?

Not trying to be a pain or too picky, just thought I would check.

Hey Angelsun,

What kind of colours are you thinking about? We try not to have too many emoticons that are the same, otherwise it gets a bit cluttered in the emoticon box - but if you let me know what you are thinking I can see if adding another one would be possible or not :)

1249, I'll change the settings today so that some of the newer emoticons show up in the clickable box. It's probably time for a rotation of the emoticons that show up in the quick box! ;)

Thanks guys they look fantastic! :)

Lucy

Any colors, it doesn't matter. I just have an idea and thought it might be more fun if they could choose a favorite color. But not a big deal. Or I have also seen one with 3 balloons in it and they were different colors.

Thanks for looking into it for me:)

1249, I'll change the settings today so that some of the newer emoticons show up in the clickable box. It's probably time for a rotation of the emoticons that show up in the quick box! winky.gif

You are lovely Kate ...

Thank you very much looking forward to it ..

Have l told you lately how good l think you that moderate and look after the site are?

Well l think you are wonderful, metoyou.gif

(((1249))) Thank you :) I really appreciate hearing that, and I know the other mods do too. Thank you for being such a wonderful member of this community!

Yes my comment was meant for you and everyone else that moderates. metoyou.gif

wub.gif Love The new order by the way. hi5.gif

Have l told you lately how good l think you that moderate and look after the site are?

I will second that one. I did as much reading as I could before signing up, and then more before posting to feel like this was actually a safe place to be able to write. I was very impressed with the moderating then, and my impression hasn't changed a bit.

My thanks and :blanket: to you all.

Sheepy

(((1249))) and (((Sheepy)))

Thank you both for the lovely comments. You're both wonderfully support, caring members!

I just noticed the new emoticons, and they're so awesome. :hi5: