Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waterlily

The Ugly 'Truth

9 posts in this topic

I might be missing it? Ive looked and cant see to find a prostitution/ s*x trade forum.

I know I'm not the only one with the history. A lot of us took the "Master It" road. Is there a place here on Pandys for us?

Ill hide under here till the dust settles scared2.gif

I tried finding you something under the different types part of the forum and didn't find it. I know many people respond to trauma in this way and I think it it's a great topic to get started because I don't believe there is one

Here is a link to a support thread for those who have worked or are still working in the sex industry. That what you were looking for?

Thank you all for the links to the threadsmetoyou.gif. Yes that is the kind of thing I was looking.

So. what do you think of a forum for this topic? Something easy to find things, a place for members posting specific to it?

It was a thought. Just my 2 cents- we all know how much that will buy, LOL

edited to hide againscared2.gif

Edited by waterlily

Hi Waterlily,

Thank you for asking, and for your suggestion. We really value it when members talk with us about things they would like to see on the board.

When we are considering creating a new forum, one thing that is really important in our decision making is if there is the demand for it. We really don't like seeing whole forums with little activity, and threads going unanswered because there is not enough people interested in that kind of forum to maintain the activity. Usually we will start a discussion thread about it first, like with the thread for survivors working in the sex industry, so that we can get an idea of the demand for that topic. If there is only one reply every week or so, we would be very hesitant to start a forum based on that, as it can leave people feeling even more alone and isolated than they felt to begin with. If it seems like there is pretty regular interest in it though, it is definitely something we will consider.

So please post in the thread as much as you feel you want to, as we do use threads like that to gauge the level of demand for a forum or sub-forum.

Take gentle care,

Kate

There's also several threads in our Types of sexual assault discussion forum here: http://pandys.org/fo...661955&st=8

I came back to this thread, follow the links and see if I would post to them. Wow Susan that blew me away. The titles I got triggered. Somethings I hadnt though of in years. Or seeing a spade being called a spade. An act that I considered small and insignificant

When I come to a site like this one I open up a part of myself I usually keep hidden. I can feel very vulnerable. Here I thought I had gotten over that. Silly me -doh.gif

Waterlily

Hey waterlily,

I'm sorry you were triggered. I think we sometimes forget this can happen after "wearing our masks" for others. :hug:/>

I'm so sorry this kind of thread is needed, but I'm glad you found it.