aFriend2

Lending Library

14 posts in this topic

The Pandy's lending library is a wonderful thing!

I am just wondering what it would take to make some of those titles available electronically, as my local library does with some books.

If I check out a library E-book, I can read it immediately. After two weeks, it becomes unreadable, unless I renew. No issues with returns, postage, wear and tear, etc etc.

Thanks again....

You can ask your local library to get them in if they can electronically. :hi5:

I remember asking my local branch and they got 4 books in for me.

The thing is that most of the books l really liked and asked them to get in .....never got returned as they were great helpful books.

But apart from the stress of asking they were very respectful of my request and got some in.

You could do your local area a favour and help others like yourself.

Great idea though l suspect most or some of them are available at a fairly reasonable cost on line.

Welcome by the way l see you are new to Pandy's .

I have loved having the library here and it is no big hassle to have a book to return.

:metoyou: from 1249

Thanks for the note onetofortynine. Like you, I checked my local library for some of those titles and they do not have them. I thought electronic access might be a benefit here because it could be less costly for Pandora, as well as a way to easily and quickly provide the materials.

You are quite right, it is no big deal to request and return the books.

And thank you very much for the welcome. I actually joined pandora about a year ago, but made very few postings since that time. I find it especially difficult to talk about my own situation. Still, it has been helpful in many ways to read of other people's experiences.

Hi Afriend,

Thank you for the great suggestion. This is something we would need to look into to see if it were feasible in terms of what would be required to implement it and the cost involved in that, but it is certainly something we can keep in mind for the future as the board continues to grow and technology, as ever, advances :)

Take care,

Kate

I hope it can get worked out.

I have a question. About how long does it take to get the books shipped to your house? I filled out the application to get two books earlier last month. I haven't received any message to let me know whether or not the books have been shipped yet. I was just wondering if anyone knew who I could contact about that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

LIBRARY IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

This comes up on the site right now.

I would send a message to a mod to find out?

Hi Nikki,

You can message one of us and we can find out for you, or you can email admin@pandys.org - which is probably the better option because we can then forward you on to the people who look after the library side of things. Whatever you prefer :)

Kate

Hi

Just to let you know, i tried purchasing books from amazon for the library (from the Pandy's wishlist) and the books were returned as they were not able to be delivered to the address. You might want to look into this.

Cheers

Edited by auz

Hey auz,

Thanks so much for trying! The library has been closed for the time being. We hope to reopen at some point but right now there are some issues to work out. We'll be sure to make an announcement when it reopens. :)

Thanks,

Susan

I wanted to donate some books. I got a Kindle, and rebought my favorite healing books so I'd always have them with me, and wanted to donate my physical copies to the library here. :(

I can not be sure they may well accept them send a PM to a Moderator. :metoyou:/>

Lots of people do not have kindles and prefer a hard copy to read.

:hi5:/>

Hi halo, I've parted with my hardcovers as well. I do love my Kindle! Thanks for your generous offer to donate these books. At this point I'm not clear on where we'd send these to so if possible I hope you can wait a little longer until we get it all sorted and reopened. I understand if this is not possible. Thanks for thinking of us! :hug:/>

so that's why I have never received my books. I thought maby I had done something. Btw, eventhough I love my Kindle, I still enjoy a book that I can actually turn a page in. :P