Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nomorenoise

Discussion Terms?

2 posts in this topic

I've been reading around and sometimes encounter abbreviations and capitalized letters that don't make sense to me... like CSA, etc. I did figure out that T is for Therapist but other than that I'm a bit lost. I want to learn these terms so that when I make my own posts and topics I won't accidentally upset people because of my unawareness.

Sorry if this is inappropriate, but I'd really like to learn. If it's too much to answer in this topic I'm okay getting the answer through PM.

Thanks.

Hi Nomorenoise,

Don't worry, lots of people aren't aware of what the acronyms here mean. Check out this thread: Acronym Tutorial.

Some people use acronyms and abbreviations because they can't be bothered typing the whole word out, or because it's more convenient, or in some cases because they find it triggering to use the real words. You don't have to use them - if you want to type therapist, that's okay - if you want to type child sexual abuse instead of CSA or eating disorder instead of ED, that's fine too. It's completely your choice :)

Take care,

Kate