Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonathan64

Multi quote

6 posts in this topic

In posting replies the multi quote option doesnt want to work. They all highlight just fine but when Im ready to multi quote just the first members quote shows up and not everyones that I multi quoted. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a new way were doing it now?

Hi Jonathon,

It's working fine for me - I just click "multiquote" on the posts that I wish to quote from, then go down to the "Add Reply" button. The text box loads on the next page with all of the text from the posts I've selected to quote, so then I just edit them down to the lines I wish to copy.

Good luck!

Kate

In posting replies the multi quote option doesnt want to work. They all highlight just fine but when Im ready to multi quote just the first members quote shows up and not everyones that I multi quoted. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a new way were doing it now?

Hi Jonathon,

It's working fine for me - I just click "multiquote" on the posts that I wish to quote from, then go down to the "Add Reply" button. The text box loads on the next page with all of the text from the posts I've selected to quote, so then I just edit them down to the lines I wish to copy.

Good luck!

Kate

Like this! :)

One thing that frustrates me is when I report a tecnical issue and the reply is always that its working fine for them. Hearing others say it works for them doesnt exactly solve the problem. :banghead:

Hi Jonathan,

It can be frustrating when things don't work. If you've tried following what Kate suggested and it didn't help maybe this will:

To quote another post in your reply, you can either click the "comment_add.png Reply" button beneath a post, or use the multiquote feature. Multiquote is used when you want to quote more than one post in your reply. Select the "comment_add.png MultiQuote" button underneath the posts you want to quote, and you will notice that the button will change color. To undo this, just press the button again. When you have marked all the posts you want to quote, press the "arrow_rotate_clockwise.png Add Reply" button as normal.

Let us know if you're still having a problem and we'll try to help! :)

Take care,

Susan

I know it's frustrating, but it's good to know when something is truly a technical fault or when it's an opportunity to learn something new and learn to use all the features on the board :)