BlondieLashes

May I?

10 posts in this topic

Hi. My name is Courtney and I am new here. I am wanting to post my story in the "my story" forum, but wanting to check here to make sure it is "kosher" first because my story was written for a website of Sex Industry Survivors called Treasures. Is it okay to cut and paste my story? Just not wanting to break any copyright rules...

Welcome to Pandora's

I'm sure a moderator could answer your question more definitively but my thought would be -- who owns the publication rights to the story? If the website you gave your story to had some agreement that they are the only ones the the "rights" to display your story as it exists online it might be necessary to get a permission to reprint / repost.

Good point HealingJourney. I will check with Treasures. I guess part of me is just being lazy and the other part of me knows how hard it is to write out what happened to me, yet I want others to know where I am coming from. Thanks for the input.

Hi BlondieLashes,

Checking with Treasures would be good - let us know how it goes :)

Take care,

Kate

Thank you Kate. I am still waiting to hear back from Treasures.

Yeah! I heard back from Treasures and got the green light - so off to "my story" I go... :)

Yay! I am glad that you got the green light from treasures!

Take care

Lucy

That's really great, I'm glad you don't have to go through writing it all up from scratch again.

awesome

Thanks you guys...it does help so much not having to re-live it by re-writing it~