Ash

Without Pandys...

143 posts in this topic

Without Pandy's I would have nowhere to turn. I've been off and on this site for the past ten years whenever I needed support. Thank you

Without Pandy's I would not have a place to go to share my feelings when I don't feel okay sharing them with anyone in my "real" life. I wouldn't have access to a lot of supportive people here, or have links to other sources of support I've found on the Links portion of Pandy's.

Without Pandy's I would still be alone without a voice

Without Pandy's, I would still be too petrified to even think about sharing my story.

I'd never have learnt what being 'gentle to myself' meant. I don't think I'd ever have managed it.

I would have never learnt that I too can become a survivor. There is so much hope and encouragement here. I love it.

Without Pandy's, I wouldn't know where to turn.

Without Pandy's, I wouldn't have anywhere to share some of the hardest parts of my struggles.There's no other place like this unique, special community of compassionate survivors. I wouldn't have been able to say, "I belong here," or realize how much these things affected my life. I wouldn't have been able to express some of the toughest truths, find that I'm not alone, or overcome my denial. Gosh, I owe Pandy's so much. Thank you so much for being here. It's made a world of difference in my life and in my healing.

Without pandy's I would be lost in the sea of my past with no light to find my way out.

Without Pandy's, I probably would have given up on myself by now

Without Pandy's I would be missing my three children with no place to go to get my mind off my grief. Love, Salemkitty

Without Pandy's I'd still be alone.

Without Pandy's I would feel much more alone.

Without Pandy's I would have yet to meet some of the strongest, most encouraging, interesting, and warm people in my life.

1 person likes this

Without Pandy's I would not have met my partner. We are both survivors and are celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary this year :)

2 people like this

Without Pandys, I wouldn't have met the people on here I have that helped me through so much. I just want to say thank you for helping me find my voice and start to realize things about myself. And thank you for being there and offering great advise.

Edited by Sport4956
3 people like this

Many congratulations to you and your partner Sally!

I am so glad that you have found your voice Sport! smile.png

1 person likes this

Without knowing of Pandie's I would never have faced up to what happened to me. I would never have confronted my mother about what she let happen to me and what she did to me.

A day after confronting her I reported the abuse to the police. I gave my video interview 2 weeks later then came back home and found Pandies again and I joined. Thank you so much for letting me join.

I found Pandie's by typing the question "why do mothers let their daughters be abused" into the google search engine, and your site was in the list of answers. Thank you all so much for being here.

Edited by suesigngirl
2 people like this

Without Pandy's I would still be a frightened little girl - crying alone. With Pandy's I am learning to hold my head up and face the world as the strong woman I strive to be. Thank you rainbow.gif

3 people like this

I would still be an island, floating in the rough and isolating sea of existential despair, slowly eroding by the waves of the human condition that would eventually disappear underneath the watery depths. of course we still are islands, subjected to the boundaries of our physical bodies and our metaphysical minds where the wild things unique to each islands' individual habitat dwell. but this collection of individual plots of sand is connected by a network of bridges created from the concrete of desperation and reinforced by the steel rods of hope in which our thoughts and our emotions and our experiences traverse. and as the ever increasing network of connections grow, we realize that island life doesn't have to be so unbearable.

Edited by survivor082006
2 people like this

I wouldn't have a place to come back to where others support and not criticize the struggle

2 people like this

Without Pandys I would've felt alone and who knows where that would've left.

Now I am able to realize that there are others out there and we are not alone.

Edited by mythrider
2 people like this

I love this thread, so much wonderful stuff here!

Without Pandy's I would have bailed on therapy ages ago. Here I have found the strength, understanding and support that I've needed to keep going on this journey. Thanks to Pandy's I know that I am not alone.

1 person likes this