Ash

What have you learned from Pandy's?

126 posts in this topic

p.s. or, I pray they bring back public execution for perps but I still have anger issues I'm dealing with! :yahoo: Peace, Jude

I've learned that I'm not invincible. I'm human, like everybody else.

I've learned that alcohol means fun to some, danger to others - and that some people use it as a tool for evil deeds or, they exploit its affects.

I've learned that just becasue somebody is 'nice' to you - doesn't mean they care about your wellbeing.

I've learned that there a lot of people out there on this earth that don't process things that happen to them - they may be traumatic or not - some people just don't process things - by choice or default. Where and when I have a choice - I will process pain, defeat and neglect - i'll feel it and learn from it and let it go - it's not who i am.

I've learned that it is good to talk about assault and connect with others - however it is imperative to not take on other peoples issues or problems - healing is a time for you - you deserve that time.

not eveyone is blazee about rape or assault - some people do give a damn - some of those people who do care have been thorugh it or know someone who has been through it -

ive learned how much my family love me - in a tangiable way - because God knows they put up with a LOT of sadness and anger from me.

not all cops are careless - some are good, like my detective.

just because they didnt find him - doesnt mean he doesnt exist. he's out there and i did my part - i reported it and his DNA is in the Aus Police System. That's all I can do.

R*pe without a weapon - is still R*pe.

Just because your friends can't support you - doesn't mean you can't finnd the strength to support yourself.

Refuge and peace is within - not in others. not in professionals, not in Pysch's, not in Detectives, not even in your family - the only real refuge for sanity, clarity and comfort - is that which you give yourself.

Once you stop beating yourself up - you can heal - once you heal - you can live

That all my feelings and thoughts matter. I grew up being emotionally abused and now I've found myself..with the help of a therapist and Pandy's I am stronger than I ever imagined possible and acutely self aware. I am now free to think my own mind and although will always have those critical voices in my head I have learnt to distinguish them from my own. I am now applying for law school and to do an LLM in Human Rights.

Thank you Pandys , you have strengthened me and act as a support network for myself and many others. :hi5:

I've been a member for 3 and a half months. When I sat down to count, it surprised me. It feels like I've been here for AGES! Date joined. July 5th this year.

The thing I've learned here, for me it is true whether it is for anyone else or not: When I reach out and help someone else, I find a nugget of wisdom in my words that I can use for myself. I can't find those nuggets for me. But once I give them to someone else, they are usable for me as well.

There are not enough words to express the gratitude I have to the founders of Pandys and to the group of survivors that make this place a safe haven for support and healing.

3X :butterfly::tealribbon::purpleribbon:

i find the same thing i am trying to help someone else and in the process i feel like i hipocrite (however you spell it) but i read it through and im not a hipocrite i am giving my self advice while helping another!! something else i learned from pandys is it is OK TO FEEL THE WAY YOU FEEL AND NOT EVERYONE WILL JUDGE YOU FOR IT!! thank you for all the people that made pandys possible and thenk you for all the people and staff that help it keep going!

I've been a member for a little over 2 1/2 years and I have learned that I'm not strange.

Before finding Pandy's, I thought I was so odd, that my abuse turned me into a freak and that no one would ever be able to relate with me.

My weird habits.

My ridiculous fears.

My emotional problems.

But I found here, that many of you can. And that makes me feel more normal, knowing that there are so many people like me on this website. I love reading other people's posts on this website, because I see myself in them and there lies proof that maybe I am a bit different from my mum or my friends or my classmates, but that's ok, because there are a ton of people like us who have suffered and who have developed the same insecurities and problems, and I have found a crowd of people that I can be myself with.

No hiding.

No lying.

Just me.

You guys are all awesome. :metoyou:

Hey DarkStar - me too :)

I haven't been on in forever, but I'm so glad I popped on....ten years, that is an amazing accomplishment!! I think mostly for me what Pandy's has taught me over the years is that you are truly, never, ever alone.... We all think no one else has ever thought this, felt this, I feel dirty because of this, I should or shouldn't have done this.... every time I've posted something like that....I've gotten the "I've felt that way too" or done that too.... to me that is one of THE most important things about this Pandys.... not feeilng alone or isolated because of what happened to you, things you have done or felt or thought..... Here Here to 10 years!!

Kelly

I've learned that no matter how alone I feel, I'm not really alone and that there are amazing supportive people to walk this journey with me :metoyou:

I have learned it's ok to talk to other people and trust them.

This community of sexual trauma survivors taught me that there is a community of sexual trauma survivors. I feel stronger and safer knowing that we can heal together.

Sincerely,

Perhapsapoet

I am a member here for 1,6 year. I joined soon after I started to remember what happened to me. I learned that I’m not alone and that it’s not so scary to be a survivor. I learned that it’s not bad if you tell someone in your life what happened to you. I learned that it’s OK if we have a voice.

Thank you Pandy’s :blanket:

I have learnt that what I felt and what I feel now - is actually normal! ( I thought I was abnormal before coming here). I have also found that people here "get me" like no one else can - even my therapist. Thank you pandys!

That there are others who have been through the same or something similar and we can all heal together in different ways and at different paces but all supporting each other no matter what we share.

so, so many, too many things to list, in some ways Pandys (and I've been here for most of its lifetime in its many incarnations, wow!) has taught me more than years of therapy - into which I would not even have gone if it wasn't for Pandys, but anyway...

THE one most important thing I learned through this site and its members is that sexual violence -especially relationship violence which was my main struggle- doesn't only happen to worthless, weak or dirty people, nor does it make you any less worthy or diminish you in any way.

Pandys has taught me that rape happens to awesome people as well, and most importantly: that people still are awesome after it.

Thanks to all the stars here who keep shining through the sh*t that has been heaped on them (I love that metaphor :P ) and who through their example taught me to twinkle as well :)

Pandys has taught me that rape happens to awesome people as well, and most importantly: that people still are awesome after it.

Thanks for sharing - I love this :)

I've learned that most of the feelings I had about and as a result of the rape, which I thought were odd or unacceptable, other people have had, too. I don't feel so alone or ashamed anymore, much more peaceful!

I learned that there are kind people that truly care and see and that perhaps this will be a safe place where no one will harm through words. There is kindness

I have learned that when you are awaiting trial, or alone going through the worse things in your life alone, there is a magical spot, that when you have a very dark night of the soul, at any moment of the day or night, where you can't bear the pain and trauma anymore, and feel like you can't handle things anymore, there is a much better place (in my opinion) than a crisis line until you can see your counselor. A magical spot where you are not alone, not judged, and can meet earth angels (as I call them) where you soon realize that supporting them, brings an amazing strength to you, and in return gives you the courage to fight for yourself, for them. A place that doesn't ask you for money, (although once using this wonderful site, it became a big priority to me to keep it running for other people) because I have seen the difference it makes in my own life. I have learned I am not alone, there is no rejection here, and enough support, and family to last you a life time. I am sooo grateful to have this site. I'm a new person here, but you feel like you have been here for years, so comfortable (it happens so fast). Thank you to my earth angel family Pandora's Aquarium. 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:)

1 person likes this

this is one of the best website for people who have been threw abuse the staff is wonderful better then almost any place on the web

I was here for awhile, and on other forums, but wandered off to try to make it on my own. And I did...and I am.

But these places can help people feel they are not alone, it wasn't their fault, it was nothing they did.

It can remind people they are survivors, they can be winners.

It reminds people that life can be worth living.

And that you can win.

Thanks for being here Pandy's. :hi5:

I have learned that when you are awaiting trial, or alone going through the worse things in your life alone, there is a magical spot, that when you have a very dark night of the soul, at any moment of the day or night, where you can't bear the pain and trauma anymore, and feel like you can't handle things anymore, there is a much better place (in my opinion) than a crisis line until you can see your counselor. A magical spot where you are not alone, not judged, and can meet earth angels (as I call them) where you soon realize that supporting them, brings an amazing strength to you, and in return gives you the courage to fight for yourself, for them. A place that doesn't ask you for money, (although once using this wonderful site, it became a big priority to me to keep it running for other people) because I have seen the difference it makes in my own life. I have learned I am not alone, there is no rejection here, and enough support, and family to last you a life time. I am sooo grateful to have this site. I'm a new person here, but you feel like you have been here for years, so comfortable (it happens so fast). Thank you to my earth angel family Pandora's Aquarium. 0:)/> 0:)/> 0:)/> 0:)/> 0:)/> 0:)/> 0:)/> 0:)/> 0:)/> 0:)/> 0:)/> 0:)/> 0:)/> 0:)/> 0:)/> 0:)/> 0:)/> 0:)/>

Shanti you said it so perfectly. No shame no judgement, only love and support, and so so much more.

:wub: :wub:

Mandy

I came here many years ago- I don't remember exactly how many- and I found healing. One year on this board did more for me than years and years of therapy ever did. I eventually stopped posting here because I felt better and I didn't need this place anymore. I just now came back to see how the board was doing and found this topic. I want to thank the community for doing all it did for me. NOTHING has helped me more than this board.

I now know much more of what healing is about.

I learned to speak

I learned that I am not alone

I learned that I am all right the way I am

I learned that it is ok the way I feel

I learned that it is ok to feel sag

I learned so many things and I am thankful for that

Also I am pround of myself that I am taking the road to heal

I've been a member for a year and 2 months. I have learned that I'm not alone, that healing is possible, and that I'm not crazy. Pandy's has taught me about memory, PTSD, and helped me to understand myself as a survivor better. Thank you so much, all members and moderators. You guys really make this place one of a kind.

I have been a member for so long and I would have to say what I learned from pandys is thst there is people who get it. Who understand an d that care. I hardly ever feel scared to post on here like Iay anywhere else online because I know people here aren't going to judge me. Everyone here is so wise smart compassionate and caring. Ive learned a lot by beimg on here. This is my family amd community amd I proud to be a part of it!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor