Ash

What have you learned from Pandy's?

124 posts in this topic

i have been a member for a month and 4 days.

i have learned that i am not alone and i will always be supported :+)

i havent been a member for very long but i have learned that , im stronger than i thought and i am definatley not alone , although we have different stories we are all survivors and you are all amazing to me xxxxxxxxxx

Hey everyone :)

I've been a member for 2 years and about 7 months.

This site has taught me that I am not alone. <3

I've been a member for four months as of the 14th. I learned that I am not alone in my feelings and how I respond to them, it's not just me.

I've been a member for ten years. I joined fairly soon after it was set up, 4th of aug 2011. This was the first board / chat room I had ever come accross and I'm so glad that I never left. The people here have been so wonderful to me they have supported and encouraged me to talk about what happened, have been with me through my illness and the death of a parent. I'm scared to think where I would be if I hadn't come here.

Through Pandys I was strong enough to go to counselling and to talk about things I was afraid to say out loud. Pandys has been a lifeline to me. It has also given me a chance to give something back to this wonderful community through the chat room. I have learned many things but I guess the thing I have learned most is that the people here accept me and dont judge me because of anything that happen this is the place I've learned to let my guard down and be the real me not the me that everyone wants me to be.

I've been a member for 3 years. I've learned that no matter what I'm feeling, I am NOT alone. This site has been an amazing tool for healing. Thank you!

Ang

Nov 09 - I've learned that even though my support system at home is lacking, that I really don't have to keep everything pent-up inside in order to be "strong." And as cliche as it sounds, that I can learn from the successful steps others take, and that I'm not alone in the pain I experience.

I've been a member for 1.5 year, and I have started to learn that my feelings are valid.

I have been a member for almost 9 years, and i have learned i can strongly disagree with someone and still be friends with them, and supportive (who remembers the debate forum? :rolleyes: )

I have been a member for three and a half years, and I have learned that I am a survivor and that memories can be real even if you didn't always have them.

I've been around off and on since summer 2001 and I've learned that there are people all over the world who understand what I feel, what I fear, and despite what they might be going through themselves, they are always willing to hold a hand, or loan me a flashlight on this often dark and difficult journey.

For that and so many many many things I will forever be grateful to Pandy's.

I've been a member for 3 months. Before I even joined, just reading the public threads, I realised I was no longer alone, that I had found people who could understand. Since becoming a member I've learned that all my emotions, even when they seem conflicting, irrational, uncontrollable, are OK.

I've been a member for a year and a half, and pandy's (along with some other forces) have shown me that I am, in fact, a normal person. It's taken me all of my life to realize this.

I have learn't to deal with my emotions

Hi I've been a member for less than a day but I've already learned through Pandy's that I'm not alone out here. I hope I'll learn more as time progresses

that i'm not alone and it's not my fault. even if it feels as though it is. It isn't.

:yay: KOD

That things do get better, the fog does lift. I've seen so many members getting better and it's inspiring.

I feel better today than I have in years. It's nice to find some remnant of the old me again. And I do think that watching all of you here played a big part in my path to the "here and now". So, thank you.

I've learned that I'm not a freak. And that there really is always hope.

So :hug: to all of you helped me to realise this. I will try and do the same for others.

To know that so many like me are going through their own personal hell and they can get out of it...And nothing is forever

Just joined last week and so far I have learned that what I experienced has a name, and that other people understand. I am allowed to tell the truth.

I learned that safe places still exist :) and no one can take them away from you, that is what pandy's has teached me ... i can have a home and a safe place within this community :)

I learned that no matter how hard it gets, there are people who understand...

:hug: to you all, 'cause you all rock! :thumbsup:

I learned that if I "tell" things will change for the next generation of abused individuals. If I don't talk about it, or do nothing, nothing will ever change. I learned also that our voices matter. To each other who we support on Pandys and our daily lives for all those who need us to listen, believe and help them. Our stories will someday be so loud that we will change the world and the perps will be running for the hills! I pray I see it in my lifetime....xxx Peace, Jude