Ash

What have you learned from Pandy's?

124 posts in this topic

I joined in 2005 as a completely lost and struggling teenager. Over the last six years I've learned that my voice is important and that it is okay for me to speak out about the things that have happened in my lifetime. While being here, I've met some of the most wonderful people I've ever had the opportunity to know, and they have encouraged me to speak out about even the darkest of secrets I never could have imagined putting a voice to.

..."And thoughts you thought you'd never tell."

Thank you, my Pandy's family, for always being here for me, even when I go through my phases of "quietness" around the board. It's nice to have a place to call home; even if it's not someplace physical, this is one of the very few places that I feel safe.

:hug: all around

-W_T_W

I joined on the 30-December 09 that time of year when the struggles that family of origin causes lots of emotional up and downs.

So that makes it just under 2 years.

I have never been on a forum before and are so thankful that l found Pandy's.

I have learnt so much, said things that l thought l would never say and healed a lot.

I have lost a parent and shared the distress of a daughter rape.

You guys have been though a lot with me. :shy:

I only just recently shared some Art l did with you here at Pandy's and l feel so brave and "grown up"

A 51 year old grown up at last.

Thank you Shannon and team for your support of me.

:thumbsup: A side Line is that this is my first forum and the only one l am on and l love the emotions.... :hi5:

I joined Pandys in early 2008, and it wasn't yet fully revealed to me why I was joining. I had lived in a fair amount of denial, trying to attribute my feelings and the effects of abuse to only a deep depression. I saw many counselors, but it was never the "right time" for me to process my abusive childhood. So very fortunately, Pandys was here when I was in that denial phase, but was still here after I returned from an absence and decided that I have no choice but to confront this.

For a long time now, I have felt like I have no choice but to confront my abusive childhood and work to heal. However, I have learned that it is safe to feel safe to feel what I feel here. There are never too many days of feeling down amongst others who understand. There is also nothing quite like being able to support another survivor. There is such a healing cycle here, and I thank our founders for doing just what they did. I thank them for making Pandora's a priority as it started and then grew. So many lives have been touched from that gesture of empathy and dedication.

Congrats on 10 years :)

And thank you, Pandys friends, for helping with the courage to confront an abuser and end contact (1 year next month)!

Brittany

I've been here (and there?!) for just over a year and a half. One thing I have learned is how to cling to hope and how to be supported by people who you may not know but who "get it"...

I joined in april of 2007 (about 7 months after I was the victim of a date ****) I've learned so much about how to heal and I've finally accepted that what happened was not my fault. I'm also glad to have the oppertunity to help others (even if they just know my screen name) in their healing journeys as well. I'm greatful to Shannon,Jes and the mods for helping me realize that I "can" survive. :balloon::hug::hi5::banana::congrats::yahoo::dancingbunny::puppy::dancingpanda: Oh and tyvm for the lending library. (I think we need a "bookworm" emoticon ) Oh and thanks for creating the "survivors with disabilities" forum as well.

Edited by blondie2002

i have been here just over 2 year, but it seems like i have been here longer than that. i feel so much has happened in that time. i have progressed so much. i have meet some amazing people here.

thank you all for this place and making what it is today ♥

i have been a member for almost 3 years now, i have learned a great deal of things from pandys, one of best things i have learned is that i have a very strong need and passion to help people the way pandys has helped me.

I have been here 2 years, and the biggest things I have learnt through Pandys, is that im not alone and its okay to ask for help.

Thanks to all that make this site so good.

Dori

I've been a member since 22 September 2010. The day I took my life back.

Finding support for guys has been hard. But pandys has been so supportive.

I have been a member since september 20th 2011. And i have learned that it was not my fault

I've been a member for only a week. I have learned that no matter what happens with my friends, I am never alone. I always have someone on Pandy's who will listen or give a hug or just sit with me.

I've been here since June and I learned that I am a treasure, really :)

:heart: :pandy: :love::dancingpanda:

I have been here for 5 years as of June. I have learned not to lash out at people, because I am a person worthy of care and there are people that see that.

i've been here since the board had a black background, and you didn't have to register to browse the forums. i think that was in 1999. the board must have been pretty new. i came back and first registered in 2001. july.

i have learned so much here. the most important thing i've learned is i am not alone. pandy's has been a lifeline for me so, so many times, and i am truly grateful to every staff member who has volunteered their time, and every member over the years who has shared their voice.

Been here 8 months and found that i still have a voice kind of i guess.

I joined 11 months ago, and I learned that healing is possible (thought painful :blush: )

I've been with Pandy's for 9 years. wow. such a long time. Pandy's has been with me through the adoption of both my children, a serious illness, two houses, and a number of other things.

Many more than just 1 thing that I've learned from Pandy's...we all matter...it's their shame, not ours...to name two of the most important for me.

I have been here for about a year. I have heard some interesting topics that have addressed many of my questions. Knowing that others have similar experiences is a great support.

I've been here at Pandys for almost 2 year(2 years at the end of January).

From Pandys i've learned that i'm not alone, that it's ok to ask for help and talk about it. It's helped me start talking more in therapy.

Thank you Pandys!!!

I joined Pandy's in December of 07 so i've been here almost 4 years. One thing I have learned is that there will always be people here to support and believe me.

I've been a member since January of this year, so not long, but I've learned that even when you're not strong enough to go on, the support of others can make all the difference in the world.

I have been a member for a little less than two months.

There are so many things about this forum that I love, but mostly is that I am never alone.

I have been around pandys for 4+ years.

I have learned that I am stronger than I think I am. I spoke in public about abuse last year and never would have done it except for the changes in my being I have made since I joined.

Those kinds of changes are very deep. and amazing.

I'm not done yet but closer than I was when I found you all on google that fateful night!

be.

I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER OF THE PANDY FAMILY FOR ONE YEAR . I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH THE ONE THING I LEARENED IS IAM NOT ALONE SOME ONE IS ALWAYS THERE 1:00PM TO 1:00AM I CAN COME HERE AND NOT FEEL ALONE THE FRIENDS I MADE HERE KEEP ME GOING .THANK YOU PANDY :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: FROM THE BAD CAME THE GOOD HEALING ONE DAY AT A TIME . :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

I have been here for 3 years and 1 month but it feels like closer to 20 years!

I have found that it is possible to tell about stuff without being punnished for it