Ash

What have you learned from Pandy's?

124 posts in this topic

Respond below to tell us how long you have been a member of Pandy’s and share one thing that you have learned from being here.

I've been a member for 7+ years and I have learned that having even just one person to talk to can make all the difference in the world.

First and foremost, a BIG thank you for Pandora's Project and all it's members, moderators and founders...I joined September 27, 2010...it's been a little over a year now and I think the greatest feeling is knowing no one is alone in this fight...our stories are all different, but the pain is the same...we all come together to heal, that is the number one goal, and there is a greater survival rate in numbers...seeing the people here that have shared their stories and come such a long way in their healing always gives me HOPE...

2 people like this

I've been a member for 3 and a half months. When I sat down to count, it surprised me. It feels like I've been here for AGES! Date joined. July 5th this year.

The thing I've learned here, for me it is true whether it is for anyone else or not: When I reach out and help someone else, I find a nugget of wisdom in my words that I can use for myself. I can't find those nuggets for me. But once I give them to someone else, they are usable for me as well.

There are not enough words to express the gratitude I have to the founders of Pandys and to the group of survivors that make this place a safe haven for support and healing.

3X :butterfly::tealribbon::purpleribbon:

Hi everyone. I've been a member for just over 1 1/2 years. The biggest thing I have learned from this site is that healing is possible. Not forgetting, but being able to move on in life and not be stuck.

I have been a member only for an year and a half and I learned that I am not alone in the fight and that there's always hope. I am happy to be a part of this wonderful project.

I've been a member since April of 2001. It's hard to say just one thing that I have learned. I've learned the importance of voices. Of having a voice to speak up for yourself, of hearing the caring voices of others, of the power when people are able to join and speak as one. I've learned that the caring words of just one voice is enough to change someone's life.

If I live to be 150 years old, I'd never be able to express, repay and pay forward the strength, courage and kindness that Pandy's has brought into my life. My life, and the world are a better place for the kind souls that have found their way to this place.

Laney xxoo

I think I've been around since this forum started..I had a different account way back then though and now have this one..but I came here after seeing it on the escaping hades website.

The best and most important thing I've learned while here is its their shame (my abusers) and not mine.

i have been a member for a one year this month! :)

i have learned that there are people that really do care hug.gif, love ya pandys heart.gif xx

Wow, I can't believe I have been a member since January 2005. It seems like yesterday. I have definitely had my ups and downs, but one of the biggest things I have learned here is that people care and that is okay. I have also learned how to be a little more open with others. Thanks for the great work you all are doing and for all of the helpful info contained on this site.

Hopeful

I joined November 08 and it feels like I've always been here!

I'm so greatful to all the fantastic members here who have helped me feel like I have something worth saying and that I'm actually worth something. I feel like Pandy's has given me my voice back.

And I've met some of the most amazing friends here!

Harby xx

I've been here for 3 1/2 years. One of the biggest things I've learned is that I'm in need of a deserving of support. That it's ok to need the support and that no one is going to look down on me because I do.

I think I joined Pandys the first time in about 2002, then joined again after a gap of a few years.

One thing I have learned is that I am stronger than I thought I was and we are stronger together.

Thank you Pandys, for being such a wonderful and supportive part of my life in dark times.

I have been here 4+ years, and I have learnt that the world is a nicer place

I've been a member of Pandy's five years as of last month. What I have learned from being here is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is NOT an oncoming train.

I've been a member 2 years and 3 months! I learned a way to heal

I've been a member for a year and nine months.

One thing I've learnt is how to express what I'm feeling.

I joined here back in March 2007 and I have not looked back! I just want to say a huge thank you to all of the staff (past and present) who have helped me develop over the years and thanks to each and every member who makes this site the amazing special supportive place that we have all come to love. I have learnt that I am not what happened to me - that I can create a life away from the abuse that I went through and that I can be successful and happy! I have learnt that healing is possible, and that there is support out there - I don't have to do this by myself.

I've been here four months and it's helped so much. I've learned I'm not alone and that people do 'get it' and care.

blue :butterfly:

I joined ten months ago, and have learned that it is okay to talk about what happened, that I don't have to keep silent about it anymore.

I've been here for 2 and a half years, and I've learned I'm not alone in my healing.

Thanks everyone for being here! :)

I have been here since 2007 so 4 years I guess....wow lol. This board literally helped me crawl out of a really really dark hole and with Pandys and great therapy I am doing okay now.

Thanks Pandys :yahoo:

Lisalis

I joined three years ago last month.

One thing I have learned....That not matter where we are in our healing there is always someone who has been there before and who can show us that life really does get better.

Hey All,

I have been a member for a little over 4 years. Wow!

The biggest thing I have learned here is that I am never alone good days or bad, and when I need I can ask for hugs and support from others.

I have been a member for two and a half years and I have learnt to finally accept myself as I am. Thanks all for helping me reach this point and happy 10 year anniversary pandys :D