halo

Kindle Book Share

13 posts in this topic

I have a Kindle and I'm sure I'm not the only member that does. Kindlr introduced a few months ago where users can share Kindle books with other users. I have many Kindle books, including several that I found useful in healing.

I was wondering if there was any way that we could do a Kindle book share here?

Hi Halo,

Thank you for your suggestion - it sounds very interesting! We're discussing it and will get back to you :)

Kate

Hi Halo,

Would you be able to let us know a little bit more about what is involved with sharing books. For example, do you need to have specific software? And how exactly do you share the books between Kindle users. If this was feasible it would be potentially a great idea but we need to know a little bit more about what would be involved. Can you explain?

Katy x

that's a cool idea. aunt has one and my mom and I are looking into one for me.

I am looking into getting an ereader too :)

One thing I know is that the Kindle can read AZW files, while other readers can not. Most other readers can reader EPUB files, while the Kindle does not. I think most readers can read TXT and PDF files now.

I have no idea how kindlr works. I know that public libraries have been lending ebooks for a while now, and I don't think you need to have the software to read the book, but I have no idea how the loaning process works.

Oh, and also, this is an awesome idea! :thumbsup:

Hi Halo,

Thanks for providing more information on the Kindle Book Share. This is an exciting way to share ebooks especially since there's no requirement of owning a Kindle. Unfortunately we are unable to participate in this program because it involves sharing personal information like a members real name and email address. We hope you'll enjoy sharing books with family and friends! :)

Take care,

Susan

Ok, I understand.

halo, can you share the names of the titles you found helpful in your healing? Im looking for some to put into my kindle

I am glad to see you came here Dream on.

:hug: from 1249

Ok, I understand.

Here are some availible on Kindle:

Because I Remember Terror Father, Because I Remember You

The PTSD Workbook: Simple, Effective Techniques for Overcoming Traumatic Stress Symptoms

Not Dead and Not for Sale

I just got a Kindle recently, so book recommendations are definitely a good idea even if we can't share with other Pandy's members.

cool. Thanks for the title reccomendations halo. :) I'm going to see about getting the ptsd book, 'cause it sounds useful to me. :)