~Rosie~

How come my picture won't change?

4 posts in this topic

My profile picture and my avatar picture were both set to be the same photo. Then earlier today, I changed them both each to a different photo. The little picture up the top right-hand corner of the screen where you have that drop down menu - that's changed to the new photo - but the photo appearing with my posts and the photo on my profile hasn't changed. confused1.gif

I tried logging out, shutting down my browser, and logging back in again, and also the passage of a period of hours. However, neither of these age-old techniques for fixing board gremlins has worked. rolleyes.gif

Any thoughts?

This happens to me all the time - I find it helps to clear my cookies/cache, but even then it sometimes takes a little while. Even though when I go to my profile to view the file itself I've attached as my new profile/avatar pic, the file is correct but often the image being displayed hasn't refreshed! Try clearing your cookies/cache history and try again. Another way to check if it is working right but just hasn't updated in your browser is to view the page using a different browser all together.

When I look at your pics, I see one of you with your grad cap on (the pic you've had for a while) and another with a pretty red bob!

Good luck!

:thumbsup: The picture on longer had the grad hat on ... :yay:

:hi5: Must of worked now. :yahoo:

It has happened to me too.

WOOP! I did the cookies clearing thing (and very proud I am too that I worked out how to do that :D) and I'm seeing the right one now :)

I now have a third option in my repertoire for fixing board gremlins thumbup.gif

Thanks guys :)