Liminal

Inconsequential Question on Groups

5 posts in this topic

Is there a list of 'groups' people can be a part of, and what they mean? i mean, i know what a member is, and what a m member is, and what the section mods/admins ect are- but there are ones i didn't recognize- what is a 'contributing member' or a 'survivor' (am i even remembering that right?). I may have missed the explanation somewhere along the way. It doesn't matter- i was just wondering.

thank you!

Peace

D

Hey,

It's ok to ask! :) A contributing member is someone who has donated monetarily to the board. You can find more info on contributing memberships here: http://pandys.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=85280&st=0&p=705614&hl=contributing%20membership&fromsearch=1entry705614

A secondary survivor is someone who was not abused themselves, but knows someone who has been and is seeking support.

Hope this helps!

Lyndsie

'survivor' is a term that most of us use once we get out of the 'crisis' stage of being the victim of the abuse... and we then get on with healing. It's a term used very differently, but usually is a positive twist... instead of being a victim, we say we survived... and so we are a survivor of the abuse. It's a term that allows us to reclaim ourself from having been a victim. It's a more empowering term.

Hope that helps.

LOH

is there an 'm survivor'? like a 'm member'? or are they different things?

An "M member" is an "M survivor" - we just call the group and "M member" but it means the same thing. This is used to identify which male members have been given the password to access the Men's Forum.