CrystalFeather

Disable blog sharing?

3 posts in this topic

There are colorful buttons on the bottom of each and every blog entry, enabling anyone to "share" on social networking sites like facebook. I know I wouldn't want my blog aired anywhere else and don't think anyone else would either? I am curious whether this could be disabled to protect our blog privacy? :)

Hi Crystal,

I'm just going to play around with a few things and see what happens in regards to sharing blogs. We'll get back to you soon to answer your question :)

Kate

Hi Crystal,

I've had more of a look, it seems that if you click to share somebody's blog on Facebook the link just sends you to the main page for the blogging section of the board. Some of the other options (like email) actually give the full link to a particular blog entry, but you need to be logged into the board to view it (unless I'm assuming if the member has chosen to share their blog publicly). For example, if a member here were to send a blog entry of yours via email to a friend, that friend would have to be a member of the board already and logged in to see it, which is no different to how the blogs are accessed currently. As long as you've got your security settings the way you want them, people won't be able to see any more of the blogs than they would if they travelled to the blog section by themselves and clicked on links.

We will look into removing the icons altogether, if it is possible - just as soon as our technical person is back from their break! :) Thank you for bringing this up, I hadn't even taken notice of the icons myself.

Take care,

Kate