bloogirl

Anybody else have weird triggers?

909 posts in this topic

Yes, Krismase that does help.

Different things make me feel different ways.  Like, tv shows or stories with that kind of thing in it will make me feel sick to my stomach, like I can't breathe, or tbh slightly aroused. Which then brings on guilt,shame, etc.   hugs or people in my space make me feel panicked or like I have to get away.  I'm afraid to sleep in upstairs bedrooms.  Is that what you all are talking about?

@glitterandcupcakes yes. sometimes when i watch shows more so when i was younger before i had any memory resurface if i was watching a show where something bad was about to happen to a child. usually a girl i would get this feeling in my stomach and sometimes i was get aroused but at the time i didn't know that was what i was feeling. it brings  about a lot of shame. and disgust. theres a guy i work with and he says "thata girl" to me at times and man the first time he said it i dropped what i was carrying and it was like a punch to my stomach. it froze me. then for weeks i avoided him. i know he didn't do it on purpose. i don't like how he talks to me but i don't feel like i can do anything about it so i work on reminding myself that i am safe and not in danger from this man. that i am an adult now. that i am not that little girl.

That makes sense. I'm glad you realize you're safe now.

I have a crap ton of triggers, but the weirdest one (and somewhat funny now that I think of it) is Gone With the Wind

My daughter has one that was surprising which is walking down a street with shops on both sides. She's explained and I totally get why that is. She's come a long way in her recovery so it doesn't trigger as much now.

My worse trigger is belts, if it's on someone I'm scared their gonna take it off. If it's on the floor or hanging up I'm scared he might use it. For the same reason I get scared of the sound of a swishing belt or anything that makes that sound like a tennis bat/fly swat.

Doors that stick, you can't open and shut them easily.

Bathrooms, large baths, frosted glass.

Smell of beer. 

Damp carpet.

People getting to close and not listening/getting the hint to back off.

Smell of old liquor.  

The smell of fireball

Lavender (ALMOST broke that one and I'm so happy because lavender is so fucking soothing)

Older men's hands.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor