Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the last unicorn

Board date

20 posts in this topic

Ok, maybe im so completley nuts that its not even funny anymore, But I swear that for me right now it is 5:31 am the morning of april, 23, 2004. SO why does the board show everything as being 24 hours ahead and being april 24th....i checked my preferences....but the time date adjustment is only -23 to +23, so I couldnt make it the right time by subtracting an additional 24 hours.....

where did april 23rd go? did i miss it? or did we decide to skip it this year?

lol!

yep, looks like we skipped the 23rd...probably a glitch in a board setting somewhere... :oo:

~aimee

Actually i thought we skipped the 22. Yesterday all my posts showed up as the 23rd.  In any case the board keeps getting ahead of us or are we getting behind?   :upside:

Ok...I protest!  Why couldn't we have skipped a Monday?!   :;):

Cathy

Hi, I just went into my control panel under account options and hit      -23 and now the time and date are correct for where I am.  Maybe that will work for some others.  Love, Liz

if i do that - the board will still be an hour ahead.  but the day will be correct.  I need the -24 option.  :)

hahaHAHAhahaa.

So yesterday I was flipping out because I thought the board was a day behind! So I set us ALL a day ahead.

Now what should I do? I can set it to normal, but then those who have changed will be messed up.

Wow. Finals has fried my brain.

You could just play with us all and randomly change the date and see how long it takes til people notice and say something.  :devil: Actually I'm a month behind in my work.  Could you set the date to a month ago so I could catch up please?  :;):  

of course if you want to go the straight and narrow route I think you should set the board back to the correct date - since otherwise the board and I will never agree on the time.

ayelet

LOL........ :laugh: , that's funny Shannon and completely understandable with finals.  I hope they went well for you.  For me, if it is set to the right time and date, then we can make the simple change on our computer through the Account Options.  Thanks for explaining what happened.  Liz

for a few minutes, the date went back to the correct one (for me, April 23) but now it's back to the 24th...i haven't changed anything in my control panel...should i??

i'd venture a guess that i should just leave it alone for the time being and see what the rest of the day brings...i kinda like this being in the "future" thing!! :laugh:

~aimee

Ack! I actually thought it was the 24th for a while when I logged on this morning!

I hope it can be set back to normal, I'm confused enough already!  :P

jane

((((Shannon)))))  Sweetie, during finals you shouldn't mess with the board at all!  

After reading this thread I had to check the calander to see what today really is...So, right now it is 12:24 pm and it is FRIDAY, April 23, 2004   ...The week is almost over... YEA!!

:D

is everyone else still a day ahead?

(of course, no pressure on the mods, finals and exams are so much more important...i might be able to get used to living "in the future" lol!!)

i suppose i could set my time back 23 hours in the control panel and be off by an hour instead of a whole day...

:P

~aimee

yeah i am. i figured things will be fixed when finals are over. meanwhile my sleep deprived brain panics every so often but then i realize it's not really the 27th...  it's sort of fun living in two days at once.  :)

mine's still a day ahead.  i nearly panicked when i first noticed this change.  i thought i got my dates mixed up and i'd missed an appointment! :oo:

kinda like the time i woke up at 6 a.m. thinking it was 6 p.m. & i'd missed my T appointment.  so i called her to apologize, and halfway through that i realized it was 6 a.m.   :P

Yay!  Thanks to whoever fixed it!   :D

Cathy

Thank you thank you thank you!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

time confusion is a huge problem for me without the board contributing to it.  :D

thanks again.

ayelet

I noticed this a while ago.  I chocked it up to leap year..or am I wrong?

Ok, I was just posting and looking at the date and going, "wait, it's 2am on Monday, it's the 3rd, right???"  Yes, there's a calendar right here, it's the 3rd.  Why does the board now say it's 2am on the 2nd???  I changed the time to +23 and the best i can get is it being 12am on the 3rd.   :D   Close, but still 2 hours behind.  I need the +25 option, hehe.  Ok, who broke the board?  :oops:

Edit in: Okay, as I posted, the board again changed the date and time.  Now I need to set it to +1 hours to get the correct date and time.  :D  What is this time based off of again?  I'm on US Eastern time, this doesn't make any sense...  Pick a time and stick with it, ok board?  Poor board, so confused...

Melinda