Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mickey

Is this board safe?

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering how safe is this board? Because none of my family or friends know about what happened. I really don't want them to know either.  And too what does this mean ***t*** and this ***T*** And this bbl and brb I think thats all i need to know at this time.

Thank you

Mickey

****t****

****T*****

genereally mean a trigger warning

brb = be right back

bbl = be back later

Is the board safe...the million dollar question. First, don't use your real name, address, or any identifying information. That is general internet smarts.

I guess the best answer is that we make the board as safe as we can without compromising membership for those who need it. We have people slip through who shouldn't be here, but people really watch otu for each other.

If your family uses the same computer as you, remember to ALWAYS log out after each session, and you can even clean your cookies and history each time.

I hope this helps :)

Shannon

http://www.pandys.org/cgi-bin/pandoras/iko...ct=Help;CODE=00

If you click on the link above, I think you'll find a lot of answers to your questions.

About the board being safe, I think it is as safe as it can be for internet communications.  To make sure other users of your computer don't see you've visited, you should clear your cookies and delete your internet history after visiting the site.  Let me know if you need instructions on that.

Welcome aboard. I'm glad you are here.

If you are worried about using a family computer and people finding out, just make sure to click the "log me off" button when you log out of the board.  That will keep anyone from knowing you've been on the board.  If you're worried about people being able to recognize you on here, don't give out any more personal information than you're comfortable with.  If you're concerned about your email address or something of that sort, set up a free email account that you only use for pandys.

Healing explained the *t* thing, and just a plain t or T refers to a therapist.  Those bbl and brb things are chat-speak for "be back later" and "be right back."  I believe there's also a list that explains general pandys abbreviations and workings under the "guidelines" forum if you have other questions or concerns.

Take care,

LGL

Thanks everyone!

okay since i'm not a computer wizzard and I do share a computer with my family how do I clear my cookies. Or can i just clear them by this board? Incase you need to know this I have internet explorer windows xp.

mickey

When you are on the main page of the forum, at the bottom there is a comment "Clear cookies from this board" or something to that effect...click on that before leaving the site.

Also, you can clear the cookies on your computer itself by going into the settings, find the folder that says "cookies" and clear it from there.

I would also clear your history. Tools menu, then internet options, then clear history.

:bee:

Shannon